• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact m3 regulators how they impact each other

One regulates air down to 150 bar then the 2 reg usually set anywhere from 25 to 50 bar lower so it could be set at 100 110 bar which means the second reg has less pressure on it and it helps with reg creep also I ve read they also use the same set up in propane or natural gas it helps the second regulator stay or put out the same amount of air more accurately

One regulates air down to 150 bar then the 2 reg usually set anywhere from 25 to 50 bar lower so it could be set at 100 110 bar which means the second reg has less pressure on it and it helps with reg creep also I ve read they also use the same set up in propane or natural gas it helps the second regulator stay or put out the same amount of air more accurately
Interesting. Did not know that...

" I ve read they also use the same set up in propane or natural gas it helps the second regulator stay or put out the same amount of air more accurately"
Dual regulators are also used on large diameter water systems. Usually, one large to reduce pressure down to the local code and one small for minimal usage. That makes the system function properly. The difference with water is that the small regulator is set slightly HIGHER than the large regulator because the the large one doesn't have to overwork itself and since it's large, it can't regulate minimal usage as well as the small one can.
Mike