Tuning Impact M3 Regulator Delta P

I know FX recommends no more pressure difference (Delta P) than 50 bar between the first and second regulator. Is this cast in stone? What if the difference is 60 or 70 bar? What will happen?

If the delta is higher than 30 bars then the plenum will refill faster but slight chance the second reg could eventually creep a little.

Agree with qball, under some circumstances. I have also found that tighter tolerances with your Belleville's, along with quality O-rings in your 2nd reg, the more stable it is over all, regardless of the delta. The tried and true MKII has one. The Panthera and Dynamic have one reg as well and work at much higher pressures than both the MKII and M3 in stock configurations...Not to worry, each FX has its own balance and you will find yours.

50 bar delta is just a happy medium.

Around 25 bar or less delta and I had weird behavior from the first reg. You also start noticing slower plenum refresh. That first reg has small bellevilles and is not a great reg (it is not supposed to be).

70 bar or greater delta and you start changing your M3 in to a MKII.

I'd rather have more delta than less. I think polishing the piston and seat surfaces does more for creep most of the time than the first reg. The first reg definitely does more for pellet tunes at 85 bar than slug tunes at 150 bar.