Impact m3 reg piston removal tool

I just tried this impact regulator piston removal too from 910 airgun tuning and repairsl but can't seem to get it to grip onto the piston. I watched the short video more than I care to admit and nothing I do seems to work. Has anyone else run into this issue and have some tips? Thank you

IMG_20230812_121843733.jpg

Reactions: tibor
Clean all lubes as best you can that’s on the piston stem, and inside of the tool.

It’s probably over lubed, in combination with the pistons o ring at the base swelled up. Another cause for the difficulty in pulling that piston out is the washers caught up on the inner o ring that’s in the groove under the threads that the reg body threads into. Plan on changing that out.

If your piston is of the original plastic body, just bite the bullet and use long needle nose pliers to yank it out. Meanwhile, order the new brass piston from FXUSA to replace that plastic one

Clean all lubes as best you can that’s on the piston stem, and inside of the tool.

It’s probably over lubed, in combination with the pistons o ring at the base swelled up. Another cause for the difficulty in pulling that piston out is the washers caught up on the inner o ring that’s in the groove under the threads that the reg body threads into. Plan on changing that out.

If your piston is of the original plastic body, just bite the bullet and use long needle nose pliers to yank it out. Meanwhile, order the new brass piston from FXUSA to replace that plastic one
There isn't really a good way to clean the surfaces and I can't seem to get the washers to fall out which definitely makes me think it is over lubed and making everything stick. I'm probably going to have to try puffing some air through the rear gauge but not really sure what to attach to the hose in order to fit in the gauge hole