• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact M3 Reassembly Help

So I had to perform a complete teardown of my M3 because I got water in it from a bad water separator. Anyways, there is a socket head screw right under the lip of the reg #1 pressure gauge. It's in the 10:30 position under the lip if the gauge and is a M3 x 6mm socket head. According to the parts diagram there is a o-ring and a 1mm plastic washer. I swear I never saw a 1mm washer when I pulled the screw but it's likely I lost it. So I have some questions:

1) Is that washer just a spacer to keep the o-ring spaced off of the air hole at the bottom of the slot? I know that hole cannot be blocked because I screwed the M3 screw down somewhat tight, without the plastic washer, and the o-ring sealed the hole and my reg #1 gauge wouldn't read a pressure.
2) I noticed on my other M3 that the screw top sits flush with the surface. In that position is the plastic washer bottomed out and the screw head and washer squeezing the oring to create a seal?

So I'm hoping somebody had some experience with this area before I pull the screw on my other gun, tear the o-ring, and put that gun out of commission too.

Take a picture of the part your talking about

M3.png

shelly_25's picture shows the right parts. Thanks for posting that.

My issue is that I'm trying to figure out what the dam hole does. I know If you install the screw and o-ring without the washer and tighten down the screw where the o-ring bottoms out, the o-ring blocks the hole at the bottom and the 1st reg pressure gauge will not read a pressure until you back the screw off a little. Then, it leaks like mad.

I got the dimensions on the washer. It's 5.3mm OD x 3.1mm ID x 1mm thick. I will 3D print one and give it a go.

Reactions: Airgunmann
shelly_25's picture shows the right parts. Thanks for posting that.

My issue is that I'm trying to figure out what the dam hole does. I know If you install the screw and o-ring without the washer and tighten down the screw where the o-ring bottoms out, the o-ring blocks the hole at the bottom and the 1st reg pressure gauge will not read a pressure until you back the screw off a little. Then, it leaks like mad.

I got the dimensions on the washer. It's 5.3mm OD x 3.1mm ID x 1mm thick. I will 3D print one and give it a go.

FX-Impact-M3.png

Reactions: Squirrelmageddon