• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Impact M3 Magazines not seating properly?

Check and make sure the little Allen key bolt in the center of the mag is snug. I have noticed when they come loose with time they start having trouble seating properly .

Also make sure the pellet probe is tight . There is an hex bolt there too that likes to come loose. Little blue loctite fixed mine right up.

If both mags are having issues I would suspect the pellet probe .

Yes, check the allen key in the mag.

Yes, make sure the probe holder has not come loose. Locktite works, but sometimes stripping the hex key hole sometimes happens down the road. The K&L Ultra Probe is the most permanent solution member CHUCK shared with me.

Also, make sure the barrel is not too far forward or backward. I put the mag in to make it easier to get right, when installing the barrel.

If the barrel was in to far the mag would not be loose but tight or to the point of not allowing the mag to be inserted at all, besides is it even possible to put the barrel in to far? If the barrel indexes to align the transfer port that should be the furthest it can go in. If the barrel was not seated against the indexing pin then the mag would would be loose. I myself have not had the pellet probe grub screw come loose but have had the screw that secures the probe holder to the cocking rod come loose and that will cause the probe to droop and misalign. 

If the barrel was in to far the mag would not be loose but tight or to the point of not allowing the mag to be inserted at all, besides is it even possible to put the barrel in to far? If the barrel indexes to align the transfer port that should be the furthest it can go in. If the barrel was not seated against the indexing pin then the mag would would be loose. I myself have not had the pellet probe grub screw come loose but have had the screw that secures the probe holder to the cocking rod come loose and that will cause the probe to droop and misalign.

I’ve found it also depends on whose transfer port you’re using. With all the aftermarket brass transfer ports out there there are differences in the length on the end that houses that notch. If whoever machined that notch didn’t do his math right a bit of the transfer port thats “suppose” to flush out on the block will protrude into the mag slot.

Then there are the ham fisted types that just ram in that barrel that lengthen out that notch from slamming that barrel in there. That in turn will cause too much of the transfer port to enter into the mag slot, which will also cause mag insertion problems

I had the same exact experience when i purchased my first FX which is an Impact M3 back on November 16th, 2021.

I could bore you with what I initially tired before I contacted FX so I'll spare you.

I did not have high hopes on what they told me to do but it actually worked.

They told me:

more than likely the pellet probe mounting screw has worked loose.

Take the rifle and load a pellet and fire it. Then take a 1.5mm Allen wrench and pull the cocking lever back only just enough to expose the pellet probe mounting screw. Then tighten the mounting screw firmly and test the alignment. 

This done it for me even though the probe seems straight and the screw seemed tight already.

In the beginning I was having the same trouble no matter what magazine was in there and I have 8 magazines, some from different vendors and creators. I was having this problem with all of them now they all work perfect.

Hi GA_leadHead,

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with your FX Magazines, please feel free to give our customer service and/or technician department a phone call or e-mail so we can help resolve this issue for you or have you send your gun in for repairs. 

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Contact

Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM – 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

I found what is causing the issue of my magazines not feeding smoothly. Call it a happy accident produced the culprit. When checking the tightness of the little 1.5mm grub screw that holds the probe in the carrier, and with VERY little pressure, the head began to strip, so I stopped. I immediately ordered a couple of spares from FX and wow they arrived in 2 days! Way to go FX!!! But...Then I found a video where Ernest recommends replacing the factory carrier with the K&L "Ultra Grip Probe Carrier". I ordered it and it arrived today. Broke the rifle down and when I removed the factory installed probe carrier, I noticed that somehow FX neglected to install one of the two cylindrical pins that hold the carrier in proper alignment when the tightening up the countersunk screw on the probe guide. Photo attached. The missing pin allowed for just enough wiggle and play to cause it to snag up on the magazine when moving it forward.

So now the mystery is solved and I have ordered two replacement pins tonight. Fingers crossed that they get here next week so that I can go on the hog hunt I have planned.

Thanks for all your input and thank you FX for your excellent and super fast support!

probe and carrier.1642737099.jpg