• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact M3-lowered reg for accuracy

Shooting H&N 25 gr. HP slug II's .218 dia., I lowered the 2nd reg from 119 to 111 so max velocity was nearer desired velocity. Even in today's wind it was obvious accuracy was improved and ES down to 3-4 FPS with velocity at 995. I didn't take pictures but figure minute of squirrel head regularly at 100 yards and knocked down five steel rams with seven shots at 200 yards. Considering the breeze I was chuffed! Macro at 8, micro at 4, & valve at about 4. 1:24 STX liner with expoxied carbon sleeve.

As I've said before, this rifle makes velocity with ease, but I think 130 bar is the max with my stock hammer weight and spring. Oh, and still only changed the breach O-ring and really don't think I needed to. It's been 2.5 years and thousands of rounds downrange.

Shooting H&N 25 gr. HP slug II's .218 dia., I lowered the 2nd reg from 119 to 111 so max velocity was nearer desired velocity. Even in today's wind it was obvious accuracy was improved and ES down to 3-4 FPS with velocity at 995. I didn't take pictures but figure minute of squirrel head regularly at 100 yards and knocked down five steel rams with seven shots at 200 yards. Considering the breeze I was chuffed! Macro at 8, micro at 4, & valve at about 4. 1:24 STX liner with expoxied carbon sleeve.

As I've said before, this rifle makes velocity with ease, but I think 130 bar is the max with my stock hammer weight and spring. Oh, and still only changed the breach O-ring and really don't think I needed to. It's been 2.5 years and thousands of rounds downrange.
It's original, I also see the maximum pressure as 130 bar on the second regulator, I'm using 135 with a 34 gr slug