• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Impact m3 fps loss after installing slug power kit. Help.

Recieved my impact m3 .25 cal. 
i tuned it to shoot nsa 29.5 slugs. 
2nd reg was about 102

macro- 3.5

micro-16 power

vavle adjustments was at 4 lines

i was shooting at 920 fps

after installing the slug power kit following ernest rowe video, with all the same settings before i lost about 200 fps putting at 720ish. 

Can someone tell me what went wrong there? 

Mine is a mk2 impact. After installing the slug power kit, my gun is now shooting 35.5gr at 1020 fps and 36.2gr at 980 fps. I didn't bother using same setting. I just tune everything for max power. Reg 150, hammer wheel max, valve on 2. Barrel is 600mm.

Instead of trying with same setting, you might just wanna re tune your gun and see if the power will go up.

Recieved my impact m3 .25 cal. 
i tuned it to shoot nsa 29.5 slugs. 
2nd reg was about 102

macro- 3.5

micro-16 power

vavle adjustments was at 4 lines

i was shooting at 920 fps

after installing the slug power kit following ernest rowe video, with all the same settings before i lost about 200 fps putting at 720ish. 

Can someone tell me what went wrong there?

I had the guys at utah airguns install mine when I ordered it, they told me with the M3 they had found that some of the parts of the slug power kit actually made the gun lose power. I can’t remember off the top of my head what parts they installed and which ones they didn’t, I just remember them saying they had only installed one or two of the parts because the others were not needed with the M3 and in testing actually hurt performance.

Fixed!! The rubber ball that came with the kit was restricting my valve from stay open! Removed the ball and now i gained fps. Thank you @centercut

I think you install it wrong. The rubber ball is supposed to be there. It can be removed but its put there for a reason. Did you even watch some videos before trying to install the slug kit? Always watch and learn before trying to work with any guns.

Skip to 8:30. You can clearly see earnest putting in the rubber ball.

youtube.com/watch?v=XqB3u4fW2Y0&t=1s

Also another video, this guy put in rubber ball at 13:26.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9pFBspG0hg&t=799s#menu

@wyoairguns yes, the rubber ball made me lose fps cus it wasnt allowing my valve to fully open. Thanks to @centercut

You’re welcome. The M3 already has a 4mm and 4.5mm rubber ball in there if you look at the print. (Item C45 and C46). Adding more restricts valve travel. Kinda hard to install wrong... Unscrew, remove stock spring, replace with lighter valve spring from kit, screw it back on. A two minute job. 

Hello, you do not need to install the spring or the ball when installing the power probe on the FX Impact M3. It is now noted on the Pyramyd Airs web sites (maybe others) You just need to install the hammer weights and obviously the probe. I will also be installing this on my M3 Impact, keeping my MKII impact for pellets (I was actually very lucky and got a 2020 MKII Impact in silver, FX Airguns confirmed by serial number that this was the last production run of the Silver FX Impact...collectors item?? 

Centercut is spot on. Do not use rubber ball that came with the slug power kit in your M3’s.

I tried the slug power kit in my M3 (just installed the pin probe) and fps was the same as the factory pellet probe. Also tried the ER dual xfer port thinking it would perform better than the factory dual TP. The ER version caused a substantial loss in fps. So I just went back to factory pellet probe and factory TP and gun is shooting great.