Impact M3 ?-Can you use a heavier hammer with pellets

I want to set my M3 up with the slug kit, but want to be able to shoot pellets as well. It's pretty easy to swap out the lighter valve adjuster spring, pin probe and liner (if necessary) to go between slugs and pellets. The heavier hammer-not so much. My question is, if I have Ken Hicks install the slug power kit, can I leave the heavier hammer in and still shoot pellets?

You can with the right tune and if don’t want to shoot light pellets at 600FPS. Only thing that won’t work well is the pin probe as it will not seat pellets properly. Maybe swap to a huma high flow tube probe. Pin probes are a pain anyways and only adds a few FPS, they need to be adjusted to each ammo’s seating depth. Different pellets with skirt depth, flat, cup and dish base all need the pin probe adjusted accordingly so they seat correctly as supposed the tube probe will seat all of them the same for better accuracy. In fact it is far more important to seat slug properly than pellets so they don’t engage the rifling off center, with short/light slugs pin probe might be a problem as it won’t push the slugs in nice and square like the tube probe.

I added a 1.25mm brass shim for a bit more hammer weight as well as a shim. If memory serves I was trying this in the .22 caliber. Like qball said, once you have the hammer spring shim and lighter valve spring installed it is hard to get down into the 600s with lighter pellets. But the easy fix was just to change the valve spring back to the heavier one and that will make it all good again. Being able to change that valve spring out without tearing the whole gun apart is a huge plus, for tuning options, on my early Impact-X.