Tuning Impact M3 and Mk2 first few low shots solution video YouTube

I have compared the results of OEM M3 plenum part and the way I made the part based on Impact mk1 design.

With M3 OEM part if I use the gun at low hammer setting it takes around 3 to 4 shots to come back to the set fps after keeping the gun idle overnight. 

In mk1 design it takes only one shot to come back.

Further in M3 OEM part even after 15 minutes the 1st shot goes low but in mk1 design the 1st shot does not go low after 15 minutes of idle time.

Bhaur

Well, there’s always room for improvements after the fact, and perfect proof is what fx recently came out with. I would’ve thought that stiffening up the barrel would’ve been done to the impact long ago, though, along with the crown, Dreamline, boss, etc. 

I would not doubt it one bit if within a year that sticktion issue isn’t resolved with an improvement to the front beak in design, materials, or both

The oring extrusion issue is eliminated. However, we still need to deal with the oring stiction issue which increases during valve inactivity time. This is why one shot is still needed to be back on track. If you use a healthy amount of a silicon lube then it helps as well as a different oring material - Viton instead of PUR.

I don't have access to Viton O rings. However instead of PUR 90 now I have installed NBR 90 to see the difference. 

But I see that in this setup it takes some use of the gun to break in the O ring and valve rod combination to finally say something. 

Bhaur