Impact M3 .30

I only have a .22 barrel kit for my M3, but my observations with the .30 kits in the Maverick and others has been this - the single transfer port hole produces the same output as the "bridged" dual-ported porting, due to comparable porting diameters.

The smaller calibers seem to benefit a lot more from the dual porting, but I have also found that proper "ovaling" of the single ports translates to comparable power. The main benefit IMO of the bridge, is less chances of the projectile getting damaged when loaded across a big egg/oval shaped port.

Yes, my M3 .30 barrel has a single port, but it is the high flow transfer port. The .25 barrel I got with it has both.

IMG_0511.1619842843.jpg

If your valve and channels to transferport are matching or smaller diameter than your transferport there is zero to gain. Only squeezing part on high power airgun should be on transfer and everything else way bigger than caliber. Usually limiting factor is actually in valve where your valve rod and popet take some area in flow channel and out side diameter is certain size so you end up being limited in there. When you get gapped in porting size biggest gains you get is to make sure everything matches perfectly and no sharp corners or edges. Even small ones cause massive turbulence and ruin performance. Surface quality is also one huge thing that dosent get talked much about. Smooth as possible is best as possible. Ruff finish causes same bad turbulence and friction on high flowing air. For example I gained nearly 20% more FPE on 22cal airgun by just polishing channels to mirror finish compared to machining surface. Also one big improvement would be backing bullet probe so your chamber is 100% free from any obstacles and seating depth should be as close to transferport as possible while having matching throat to that depth.

Just my two cents apply to every pcp but cant be applied to all.