• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact issue

Got my impact 2 days ago and went out to the range, shot about 400 rnds. It worked as described. Went out yesterday morning and couldn't group anything. Checked it out on the crony when I got home and now it's shooting between 690 and 665, a deviation of 25 with a 16 round mag. I made no changes to any of the adjustments, as it was working at decent levels. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sal

It sounds to me that it could possibly be that the piece that screws on to the end of the valve rod that the hammer strikes has came loose and unscrewed a little not letting the valve open all the way. The set screw that holds it in place could be jamming the valve and not letting it open properly also. Sounds like you have already checked the hammer spring set screw. 

The only way to check would be to take the gun apart. You might be able to unscrew the adjusting knob off then take 11mm wrench and unscrew the adjusting knob body off. If the rod is hung up in the body the set screw backed out and got jammed. The gun must be depressurized. Good luck hope this helps. If unsure just send it back and let them fix it under warranty. 

What cal is it .. .22 or .25?

1. If the reg gauge was reading 120bar when you got the rifle, you should send it back anyways as factory set is 140bar (that shows on gauge around 150b on most). The gauge could be faulty to begin with.

2. You can visually inspect the position of the hammer seat (HS) and PUR o-ring on the valve stem.

Valve stem screws in to valve seat (toward the left of picture) and hammer seat screws in to the right of valvestem.

Picture below is a rough guide. I couldnt take the picture of hammer seat and o-ring but in good light you should be able to see it.

Straight line is where the white PUR o-ring is, and distance from the opening on the right to end of o-ring is appx 6mm.

If the difference is significantly less, one of the two has happened:
a. Valve stem has come loose from the left (valve seat) side
b. Hammer seat has come loose

Either way, you'll have to send it back for warranty repair.

Hope that helps.