Impact has arrived!! (well, most of it) And a factory fixed shroud!

"Vudongthoai"Congrat!!! 
I love your gun and the group is awesome. Time will getting better. I love mine too, but have to have the huggett on it. On the fix shroud, look like the baffle isn't it? 
Thank you for sharing.
Vu
Adding a huggett would be interesting, this configuration is already very quiet. Far exceeded my expectations! I think this things quieter than my .22 Benjamin trail NP! Took the baffles off at the range and was MUCH louder, definitely wouldn't feel comfortable shooting in the back yard without the baffles.

"Verve"This is going to anger a lot of Impact owners. This change in less than one year confirms a problem with the extendable shroud but I doubt FX will be willing to replace those FOC.
Are you sure it's the new standard vs something he asked for specifically? 

I haven't seen that many complaints about the telescoping shroud except that it's sound moderation was inferior to the one on the Boss. Were you referring to another design issue?

VerveThis is going to anger a lot of Impact owners. This change in less than one year confirms a problem with the extendable shroud but I doubt FX will be willing to replace those FOC.

Some of your comments are out of line. There is nothing wrong with the telescoping shroud. I've been shooting different telescoping calibers for almost a year. Of course it isn't as quiet as a longer fixed shroud with additional baffles, but the telescopic shroud is quiet enough for most applications & the portability is awesome. I imagine most hunters would prefer the shorter telescopic option, while most target shooters would prefer the longer fixed option.

Michael
VerveThis is going to anger a lot of Impact owners. This change in less than one year confirms a problem with the extendable shroud but I doubt FX will be willing to replace those FOC.

Some of your comments are out of line. There is nothing wrong with the telescoping shroud. I've been shooting different telescoping calibers for almost a year. Of course it isn't as quiet as a longer fixed shroud with additional baffles, but the telescopic shroud is quiet enough for most applications & the portability is awesome. I imagine most hunters would prefer the shorter telescopic option, while most target shooters would prefer the longer fixed option.

Which comments are out of line? I know at least 4 Impact owners who replaced their shrouds with fixed ones and resolved long range accuracy issues.

Are you suggesting that FX changed the design of the .25 and .30 shrouds just for the heck of it or for better sound moderation only? No manufacturer makes major design changes unless there is a major problem.

I've always said this extendable is the weakest part of the Impact and FX getting rid of them on .25 and .30 confirms that.

I've also said they need to plug the gaps in the QC, and we have sufficient evidence of it.

I understand you defending FX as they are sponsors. But let's be rational. Due to this type of customer feedback and sometimes a little anger, FX replaced the shroud.

FX is working everyday to make the Gun and the processing better.
So i have send my Impact back an will waiting one or two years until all problems will fixt.
I also do not like the telescope shroud, it's louder, needs more servicing and he is more fragile than the fix one!

ps.
I'm happy that you get an accurate gun/barrel, my Impact was not so accurate!

..........more and more people keep ordering them. One of the hottest selling PCP on the market for the last 8 months. No one has them on the shelf, no one has them has them to sell, the best sellers can do is PRE-ORDER. No perfect, but not that flawed either. food for thought all my guns with the exception of my s510 has gone to Ernest for a little of his pixie dust (magic).

"Verve"
"Michael"
"Verve"This is going to anger a lot of Impact owners. This change in less than one year confirms a problem with the extendable shroud but I doubt FX will be willing to replace those FOC.

Which comments are out of line? I know at least 4 Impact owners who replaced their shrouds with fixed ones and resolved long range accuracy issues.

Are you suggesting that FX changed the design of the .25 and .30 shrouds just for the heck of it or for better sound moderation only? No manufacturer makes major design changes unless there is a major problem.

I've always said this extendable is the weakest part of the Impact and FX getting rid of them on .25 and .30 confirms that.

So you've read about 4 impacts with shroud problems out of how many??? I'm guessing you don't know.

True the telescopic shroud is not as quiet as a longer fixed shroud with baffles, and true a fixed shroud should technically be more accurate. But you don't know for sure that FX is eliminating this option or changing its offerings. All we know (unless someone has additional information) is that FX acknowledged that the longer shroud with baffles adds more sounds suppression.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of TDR. Its common sense that the more times you take something apart & put it back together the quicker the parts will wear. I'm not disputing the fact that the telescopic shroud is one of those variables. Over the period of almost 1 year I've only removed my bottle once, and I only remove the barrel when I want to change calibers.

Is there a demand for the telescopic shroud? Sure it lends itself to ultra compact carry & hunting.
Is there a demand for a fixed shroud? Sure it lends itself to benchrest & target shooting.

Which comment is out of line? "There are going to be a lot of angry Impact owners".

Everyone knows that their highly innovative products are subject to modifications and improvements in the first year of production. 

Michael

You had said "Some of your comments are out of line". 'Some' and 'comments' are PLURAL and your reply is quoting only one/single comment.

As you are not FX spokesperson, I m not going to get in to a further discussion with you. FX can come here or anywhere else for that matter and explain why they changed the shrouds to their customers, if they can be bothered.

And someone mentioned WW manufacturers changing product designs as they wish. Yes, that's fine. WW manufacturers also recall products with faulty or not-fully-fit-for-purpose designs. Maybe 30yards is fit for purpose or the standards should be higher for a $2000 PCP .. what the heck does a customer know eh!

Whilst we are at it. For those with telescopic shrouds, here's a work around to fix the long range accuracy issues with them if there's no recourse to a fixed shroud:

1. Machine the muzzle bore to 7.5mm
2. Get 2 (or more if you prefer) baffles made with 8mm holes
3. Use 2mm acoustic matt and cut in 3 accurate sections giving total length of 200mm. Start with 45%, 20% and 35% sections.

200mm is far too big a section for accurate shooting to long distances (core problem with this shroud is this)... This setup will basically turn this in to a fixed shroud system with built-in moderator and resolve the 200mm section shroud induced accuracy issues. And it will make it quieter as well.