Impact guage change

How do I go about changing the guages on my impact? I picked up a set of wikas and would like to swap them out. How do I discharge the air in the gun? Can just unscrew the tank when its pressurized and let the air out of the system or do I have to release all of the air? Do I use teflon tape on the threads or any other type of compound on the new guages? I have yet to shoot the gun but Utah airguns put air in it before they shipped it out. I finally have all the parts/accessories except the sideshot bought/assembled and the guages seem the place to start.

the bottles are self contained just unscrew it and take it off then turn the gauges out a little at a time and let the remaining air escape. the new gauges should screw on no tape or compound there is a (washer under the gauges) snug hand tight then re screw on bottle. check gauge with soapy water for leaks might need to snug a little more.(carefull not to over tighten).

So I finally took my gauge off because I went with some EDMU ones instead of the wika's. There is no washer under the stock gauge and it did have some type of thread compound on the stock one. Should I use a product like permatex pneumatic/hydraulic thread sealer? I think that idea is better than an o-ring? I am kinda suprised they didnt have copper crush type washers included with either the wika or the edmu ones. Thanks for any input.

So I finally took my gauge off because I went with some EDMU ones instead of the wika's. There is no washer under the stock gauge and it did have some type of thread compound on the stock one. Should I use a product like permatex pneumatic/hydraulic thread sealer? I think that idea is better than an o-ring? I am kinda suprised they didnt have copper crush type washers included with either the wika or the edmu ones. Thanks for any input.

Those gauge housings are aluminum even if they look like brass. BSP threads seal with an oring or delrin washer under them. Unscrew the bottle just until you here the air stop leaking. No need to take it off. Next unscrew the regulator gauge to release any remaining pressure. I put mine back with no sealant and it didn't leak.