• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Impact does well in paper game

I had an Impact last year and did not like the lack of LOP adjustability or the lack of cheek rest adjustability, but the new accessories this year made me want to try it again. 

Picked up an Impact a couple weeks ago, and after trying out a couple high mag scopes, I finally decided to put my NF on it and picked up an Accutac to try out as well. I haven’t run it across a chrony yet, but I wanted to test it out today anyway. 

I like playing fun paper games with the local guys with 22lr, and I haven’t yet had a PCP that could hang with my 22lr. This might be the first one that can come close (at least somewhat close). I created the attached game this month and decided to try the Impact on it. (It is based on a target from Airgunsmith.com, and I just cleaned it up some.) No air rifle that I have tried yet has come close to a good score on any of my games, but I was hoping this would be better as it has some “freebies” and so won’t be as hard. Looks like I won’t be able to beat it with the 22lr this month. 

50yds. I just shot Marvin the in the face...

1571534831_10162431815dabb7efece271.86626695_33D9F3B5-59D4-4E9F-B024-3B94C0C2B4E5.jpeg

1571534865_14577077315dabb811cc8f96.91908153_4FF126D1-27A9-420F-8F2E-5D20204A58EB.jpeg

Thanks buddy.

The great thing about it is that I didn’t really have to take my time. I love how easy it is take a shot and keep going with the Impact. 

That was the first card too. I took three shots a piece of tape to make sure everything was still ok from sight in day, being 50 degrees yesterday instead of smoking hot. Hit right where I aimed so I started up. 

The NightForce ATACR is easily the nicest scope I’ve ever used, so I had to give it a try on here. It is way overkill, but I didn’t want to give the Impact any excuses for not performing. Oddly enough, it is the only center dot scope I’ve ever liked too. I would be perfectly happy with my old Athlon Cronus, but I do love the NF. Put it on 35 and forget about it.

I was also able to try out the Accu-Tac F2G2 bipod, and man is this thing a dream! I received the box in the mail, and I was like “What did they send me? No way that is just a bipod.” But it was. Thing is large! I can zip my rifle up in my range bag, but have to leave the bipod hanging out of the zipper. It is is wide and stable, something I think is much appreciated with the Impact, especially when using heavy scopes like I do. I have been an Atlas fan, but this pan and cant on this baby is so very much nicer. I usually am not a super fan of detachable gear either, because it locks right in place with zero wiggle. The only thing I like better about the Atlas (besides size) is how much easier it is to change the leg positions 45,90,etc. The Accutac was much easier once I got it on the rifle, but I like the push button of the Atlas over the pull and move of the Accutac. I’ll still use my Atlas when hunting, but this Accutac is perfect at the bench.