FX Impact barrel cleaning

I've owned FX rifles and cleaned the barrels occasionally. They were dirty of course, but not overly. Cleaning the barrels on my Impacts is a different story. After less than a tin of pellets, they are absolutely filthy, by comparison with other FX guns that I have owned. It's the same on both the .22 and 25. Cals.

It's not a big deal, and it doesn't seem to affect the accuracy. I just wonder what might be the cause and if anyone else has had the same experience.

If filthy means black patches, that’s just graphite. Shimmering flakes or slivers of lead would be indicative of fouling, having the potential to negatively affect accuracy.
Yes, filthy black graphite, no flakes. Just way more than any other guns I've owned including other FX guns. No big deal, just curious.

I have had my impact for a couple of years now. Standard pellet liner and polished bore. I usually clean it running patches from breach to muzzle with a Patchworm & Ballistol. Last time it just wouldn’t come clean even after about 35 patches. Trip to the range last week and the POI was all over the place.

Last night I disassembled it, pushed patches with a rod and cylindrical jag and immediately noticed how difficult, irregular, and chunky it felt. Sorry no photos but that first patch was a horrible mess of lead like I’ve never seen with this rifle. Since the liner was out and I didn’t have to worry about O-rings I used Balistol, WD – 40 (thanks Motörhead!), and even rubbing alcohol. After about 40 patches and using some as if I were polishing the bore with them the rod was gliding as it should. I can report that today she went back to her old ways and was shooting sweetly again.

I have considered using a bronze brush but haven’t had the guts to do it. Somewhere in the forums here a fellow used a brush vigorously on his FX liner and even scoped his bore after but hasn’t yet reported back as to how it shoots.

I am considering buying an FX Impact, so recently watched a ton of videos on youtube. In one by that fellow from South Africa who seems associated with FX, channel "AirArmsHuntingSA", he was discussing how he sets up for long range shooting on an M3. In his discussion he specifically said "I dont worry about cleaning my M3 barrels"

I was so surprised I remember vividly... Sort of excited me. I don't really enjoy cleaning barrels.

I am considering buying an FX Impact, so recently watched a ton of videos on youtube. In one by that fellow from South Africa who seems associated with FX, channel "AirArmsHuntingSA", he was discussing how he sets up for long range shooting on an M3. In his discussion he specifically said "I dont worry about cleaning my M3 barrels"

I was so surprised I remember vividly... Sort of excited me. I don't really enjoy cleaning barrels.
I wouldn't trust what he says about not cleaning barrels. Especially if one shoots slugs

Shooting pellets out of my Standard Superior liner I can pull some patches through and it takes maybe 10 to come through pretty darn clean. That's after over 1000 pellets. Shooting slugs and it seems to take patch after patch after patch and I need to do it every few hundred shots. At the moment I'm shooting RMR slugs but it seems to be the same with any slug.