Impact accuracy not so hot

I've got this .30 Impact I've had for years. It was just before the STX came out. I was never all that impressed with the fps (in the 840s) but it was laser beam accurate out to 75yds. It struggled at 100yds. I did the Long Ranger Challenge with it at 175 yards.

Since then it's made a few trips to FX USA and gotten the larger plenum from the MKii, custom porting by Ernest and the enlarged secondary plenum.

Now it'll fling a 44.75gr pellet at over 1000fps.

It's just not accurate. At 50yds, it'll hold Ø2" w/ the occasional flyer.

I've turned the power down via the hammer to 930fps and even tried lower settings, but can't seem to get the accuracy I used to have.

I've cleaned the barrel to eliminate fouling. I've removed the LDC to eliminate clipping.

Anyone got any bright idea why the accuracy isn't so great?

At this point I'm wondering if I need to turn the reg down, currently at 155bar, then the hammer back up.

I'm also getting the 700mm barrel soon as it comes in stock. Going to get the slug liner too. In the meantime...

The older ST .30 barrels didn't like shooting the 44.75 pellets at over 900 FPS. Try turning it down to 880 to 890, you'll find its much more accurate at those speeds. When you get the X barrel you can crank it up for whatever reason you want, hunting maybe? The extra speed will do you no good for paper punching...