• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact .357 fouling issue

I bought the FX Impact .35 cal gun and have good results so far. Have run over 600 JSB Exact Diablo 81gn and had no problem with accuracy (except when I used WD40 on the pellets...accuracy was terrible). I just did my first cleaning of the barrel and it took about 6 Ballistol patches to get it clean. Haven't checked for accuracy yet. I'm also not sure if the barrel was dirty when I received the gun. 

Но честный ответ на этот вопрос, вероятно, является проблемой.

My next adventure is stripping the internal thread in the part, which is screwed into the barrel shroud, onto which the "Compensator fixed" silencer is then screwed on. I asked Huma for help in buying a damaged part, they promised to help.
I want to share with you that the liner had very uneven ends of the grooves at the end, which led to an uneven discharge of the granules from the grooves when exiting the barrel, due to which the diameter of the spray of the granules was up to 300 mm by 50 meters. I had to manually form a new chamfer at the end of the liner. The situation has improved. the spread is 50-70 mm at 50 m, but there are no those tense groups that I am used to getting from my impact. I took the liner to a friend in the artillery laboratory. After examining with a stethoscope and a calibration device, he stated that the liner has 4 internal compressions and extensions along its entire length, and the grooves have an uneven height, which does not allow the granules to stabilize normally when passing through them, so they are not stable.
I may be able to partially repair the liner by hand polishing, but I'm not sure if this will greatly improve the result.
I share my experience with you. This might be useful to you
У меня есть предложение, давайте в этом посте поделимся своими победами и неудачами с .35. Думаю, у многих хороших людей такая же проблема, но просто прочтите нас. Мы здесь не разрабатываем новую ракету «Тополь» ... Это просто маленькая пневматическая винтовка, давайте поделимся опытом ... В конце концов, победим этот проклятый .357 !!!

I got to shoot it today, 1st time after I polished it. The results are better than before, but still not good. I then tried the Predator pellets with the tips removed. The groups were much better with them. I only shot 1 mag worth so I need to try them again. I then went back to the JSB but I removed the moderator. Before polishing I tried both the factory FX moderator and the Donny FL Ronin, the Ronnin was a little better than the factory mod so I just kept it on. I took the Ronnin off and the groups did tighten up a bunch. Now it is showing promise. I will try some different speeds and see if that helps. I would really like to try the carbon fiber sleeve over the entire barrel assembly and see if that helps. I got one all cut and ready, only issue is I can't figure out what size threads are on it. Does anyone know? Looks like a M13 but I can't find those any place. 

20210104_115542.1609786799.jpg
20210104_115454.1609786800.jpg
 this is what they look like. Much different from the other Impacts. 

I just checked for issues with the magazine. The pellets loaded great. I loaded some pellets and slugs and then pulled the barrel and pushed them back out. All looked great. So I pushed a few down the barrel with a rod. Again all looked good. So I decided to polish the barrel. I used VFC pellets and JB paste, then JP bore bright then Fitz and finally that awful green stuff that Knifemaker uses. I shot 4 mags indoors just to check things out and here is what the patch looked like after.
20210103_112323.1609691426.jpg
. Just pretty dirty, no lead flakes at all. I am happy the lead flakes are gone but i am a little surprised at how dirty it is.. i did find out this barrel is a 1/26 twist. And for those who want to know the gun shooting thr JSB 81 at 880 fps with the reg set at 160. I get a little more than a full mag, 18 shots, on a fill and that is with the standard air tank. No need to put on the 500cc tank for it. Hopefully I can check for accuracy tomorrow now.

I do not have the same caliber as you, but that black stuff is normal. It is some residue left from the pellets. It take few shots from a clean barrel until the patches are black again, on all my airguns. It usuaslly will not hurt performance. It is the lead flakes you showed on your first picture which can hurt accuracy.

Right now I'm confined to my backyard at 25 yds. I get one hole groups of 5. I have not shot the gun since I cleaned it. But when my groups started spreading out, I decided to give it my first cleaning. I was surprised at how little fowling was there. I'll shoot some more groups soon and see if the accuracy returns. I have done nothing to the gun as far as adjustments. Just out of the box shooting. I have had a USO, PARD, & ATN optics on the gun and all do well at just 25 yds. (I do IR pesting at night).

I got to shoot it today, 1st time after I polished it. The results are better than before, but still not good. I then tried the Predator pellets with the tips removed. The groups were much better with them. I only shot 1 mag worth so I need to try them again. I then went back to the JSB but I removed the moderator. Before polishing I tried both the factory FX moderator and the Donny FL Ronin, the Ronnin was a little better than the factory mod so I just kept it on. I took the Ronnin off and the groups did tighten up a bunch. Now it is showing promise. I will try some different speeds and see if that helps. I would really like to try the carbon fiber sleeve over the entire barrel assembly and see if that helps. I got one all cut and ready, only issue is I can't figure out what size threads are on it. Does anyone know? Looks like a M13 but I can't find those any place.

Based on your group testing, it sounds like the front of that FX moderator could be opened up a little so it doesn't effect stability as the pellet exits the end. Maybe drill it out a little bit bigger than the Ronin's hole and see how she does. There's a product that gunsmith shops sell made by Birchwood Casey called Aluminum Black that will make the drilled hole dark black again, but not anodized. (Just like Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 'I put that poop on everything!')

I got the carbon fiber sleeve on it now. I had a nylon bushing just smaller than the threads and just threaded it on. Not ideal but should work to see if the cf sleeve helps.

Is your CF sleeve matte or glossy, I'm not sure from the camera angle? If matte, where did you buy it? 14mmx20mm ?

I got some from ali they had both matte and glossy 14x20mm. Took a little while to find but fit perfect.

Good because it came in 2-3 weeks.

Thank you sir I'll give it a try.

Things usually take 2 months to reach me from the virus source... except for a control board that I needed for my lithium battery welder. I told the lady I need it quick so she charged me $7 for Fedex 2 day service and I got it the second morning. I wish all chinese suppliers would do that.