• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

IMPACT 35 Honest Review

What liner did you go up to 950 in Glem?

My pellet A opened up a smidgen above 910ish, but I did not go up higher to see if it tightened back up.

I only have the slug A liner in .30, amazed by it. Wacked a Coyote with it too a few months ago. 47gr NSA at 990.

😁

That's getting em out there with some sizzle on it!!!!

At 50 yards, my .30 Impact is stacking in the same hole at 900 FPS even. It seems to be real happy from 880ish up to about 905 or 910 then it starts to open up into a cloverleaf. I have not tried going up into the mid 900s with pellets in it.

I seriously doubt that the .35 Impact is lacking in power, at least the current spec MK ll version. My .30 is current spec with Power Plenum, bigger valve seat, short preload adjuster etc. , and it is sitting at 105 bar with a whole bunch of hammer preload left. Considering that the air pressure is going to exert more energy on a .35 pellet than a .30, I think that the .35 would make some pretty respectable numbers.

Well I dont really see why they would advertise it as 150fpe if its making more seeing as far as I know you need to hit 200fpe mark to make it deer leagle in most states and I find it hard to see why they would not say its doing that if it is. If its really peaking that 150FPE or bit over 900fps with prettymuch lightest pellet available for 35cal I find it hard to see why anyone would buy it instead of something smaller. Also I think more power you drive through that barrel system is just asking for more trouble. I really cant understand why 2k gun has such terrible system instead of stiff carbonfibered liner or real barrel. I suppose ppl have different needs but sometimes it is just really hard to see them. I agree impact is nice multicaliber platform but it have its limits and they should have just redesigned new more robust gun for bigger bores there is always a limit how big you can scale certain things. I was also enough worried about pellet probe of 35cal that I did send notification email about it to FX and got reply that they delivered my concerns to the big guy so I suppose they had it sorted pre launch already. Some of us still remember those back flying probes from 30cal when it was launched and I was damn afraid that 35cal with double the fpe is still hold only by one crubscrew. 

I agree the .35 should be producing more than 150 FPE just based on my Slayer in the same caliber that will do 312 FPE. I know it's a different gun, but still a .35 cal airgun.

I shot my .30 Impact today at 972 FPS/98.3 FPE using 46.85gr cast pellets. I just took a few shots on MIN after installing a slug power kit. I haven't tuned it yet as it was to dark to continue.

I think the only real advantage is the 800mm barrel, which I would not want that length.

The slug A barrel on my .30 cal loves those JSB 44.75gr. It just stacked them at 960 FPS before the slug kit install. It should do well with slugs now, which I haven't tried in it yet.