• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Impact 35 disaster

So this is going back to FX to see if they can figure out what the heck this gun's issue is. Before everyone says it's me. I have two other impacts and a Crown Continuum and they are q-tip killers at 100. It's not scope cant, it's not clipping on the moderator, it's not a dirty barrel, it's not the weather. While I am far from advanced in this compared to many of you, I'm not a complete moron either. I've also tried two high end 900 scopes on this gun so it's not a scope issue.

55 yards----

Out of the box brand new 50 shots--- all over the place. Flyers galore. Reg came at 145 ish... power wheel on Max 

next 50 shots- Power wheel to 4 same reg pressure... groups tighten... still a flyer a mag on average most often two. 

Very Next day Reg same and power wheel on 4 as it was the day prior... groups all over the place as it was out of the box. Flyers all over the place nowhere close to what it was the day prior.

As the power wheel came down that day the groups tightened.

In searching and talking with some other 35 owners I reduced the reg to 130 went through power wheel settings... at 1 it actually shot like an impact hole in hole no flyers. 200 rounds that day it was hole in hole and I was even hitting qtip heads with it at 75 yards. Three days later took it out again EXACT SAME FREAKING SETTINGS......terrible again. All over the place flyers galore first five shots low and all over the place. Would not group again like it did a few days prior when it grouped so well. Put 300 rounds through it trying to get it back to hole in hole and it took 100 shots just to get it back to 2 inch groups consistently. As for low and high left and right... not even in the ball park... 

should be noted that the only day where I could get targets left and right of center low or high to group worth a darn was when it was at 130 on the reg and 1 on the power wheel. Prior to that high and left or right low and left or right never grouped well at all, it was a disaster. Of course today that all went out the window when this was all over the place yet again. I don't get it. I pick up my other two impacts and point at a paintball after a week in the safe at 100 yards they splatter same with my crown... 

Not very impressed with the impact in 35 at all to say the least.. hopefully FX can figure out what is going on here... or maybe the 35 is too much for the impact platform.. I dunno... 

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your .35 Cal Impact. That sounds frustrating. PM us you're details and we'll give you a call tomorrow to get the rifle in and get things sorted as that is certainly not normal for the rifle or the platform. We'll get to the bottom of things and get your rifle sorted for you.

- Jonathan

Total shot in the dark but, are the pellets all from the same tin?

I had a gun that would shoot great at home and let me down in front of people at the range like it was setting me up for embarrassment. Took me far too long to realize I was taking a different tin of pellets to the range than the tin on my home bench. Same exact pellets but a bad tin. Once that was sorted it was reliable as I could ever hope for.

Just 2 cents.

I'm having similar issues with mine since August. Gald FX reached out to you here. Makes me sick to know after spending thousands, waiting months... To then spend hundreds more in wasted lead tuning testing tuning and tuning again. Never grouped -any- shot over 832 fps. Timing was horrible out of the box. My list is long why I'll never recommend anyone buy the .35. 

I'm having similar issues with mine since August. Gald FX reached out to you here. Makes me sick to know after spending thousands, waiting months... To then spend hundreds more in wasted lead tuning testing tuning and tuning again. Never grouped -any- shot over 832 fps. Timing was horrible out of the box. My list is long why I'll never recommend anyone buy the .35.

Hi Bankrupter, 

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are also having please feel free to email in and get in touch with our technicians if your experiencing any more troubles. We want FX users to know that we have technicians and customer service reps that can help walk through any procedures to have your gun running as smoothly as possible. Our email is [email protected] or you can call in (866) 639-0772 between 9 am – 4pm EST. 

Regards,

FX Airguns USA