IMPACT 30cal barrel stuck

went out today and shot the .30 cal, i couldn't hold down any type of groups @45yards. when i try'd to switch back to the .25 barrel i couldn't get the 30 cal barrel out of the gun. i had to use so much force i think i bent the shroud, it's very tight now to extend and retract it. and the set screw for the pellet probe is coming apart or the aluminum thread is coming out of the hole. i guess i should have stuck with the bobcat. i think this thing is going to be up for sale. to much money for to many problems.

I'm glad this came up. I just sent my bobcat to AOA today as a potential trade towards the impact. I haven't fully decided yet because I still have my Royale and I've also been considering trying a Daystate Wolverine.

Not to be negative but I'd love to hear any and all issues people have had with them. I believe the more info I have the better equipped I'll be to make an informed decision and part of that is hearing the bad as well as the good. Is there anyone else here that is willing to share the problems you've run into with the impact, and if so were you able to correct them? Do the benefits outweigh the negatives in your opinion?

Regards,
Cliff

"Cliff_Allen"I'm glad this came up. I just sent my bobcat to AOA today as a potential trade towards the impact. I haven't fully decided yet because I still have my Royale and I've also been considering trying a Daystate Wolverine.

Not to be negative but I'd love to hear any and all issues people have had with them. I believe the more info I have the better equipped I'll be to make an informed decision and part of that is hearing the bad as well as the good. Is there anyone else here that is willing to share the problems you've run into with the impact, and if so were you able to correct them? Do the benefits outweigh the negatives in your opinion?

Regards,
Cliff
Hmmm doesn't seem difficult finding issues with the Impact from a google query. All the issues seem fairly fixable though and I'm guessing some of them are already corrected from the factory by now. I'm thinking it's probably as good of a time as any to buy one, other than waiting another year or so to let lingering problems get vetted. Then again, I could still try the Wolverine. I just have such a hard time with it not being regulated. So much to think on.......Oh well, at least I love thinking about airguns! :)

Regards,
Cliff

"Cliff_Allen"I'm glad this came up. I just sent my bobcat to AOA today as a potential trade towards the impact. I haven't fully decided yet because I still have my Royale and I've also been considering trying a Daystate Wolverine.

Regards,
Cliff
most of my problems were minor and easily fixed, although i had one problem to many with the .30cal that wasn't easily fixed. it's going back along with that POS 9 shot magazine they sent me for $90. which doesn't work to good. i must say the .25 barrel an the mkII heavy's shot amazing groups @70yrds. but i can't get it to shot any faster than 850fps. 

Mine went back 3 times before I finally asked for a new gun on the third go round. Since the new gun no problems. Shoots like a dream. I shoot the heavies between 860-870 with the valve a little over half way closed. The reg and trigger are factory set did no adjustments. My first guns last three in the serial number was like 105. The new one is in the high 100's so hopefully if you have one above that you'll be without issue. 

Been scratching my head--why in the world you can't pull the barrel out after loosening the barrel locking screw till it clear the slot on the barrel because that's the only thing that will prevent it from coming out unless the cocking pin back out then rub on the barrel if that happens gun won't cock, even with a loose set screw for the probe --probe it's going to get stuck in the barrel -- if it did its small enough to clear the barrel bushing and side out with the barrel.

did the brass adapter for the TP separated from the barrel smooth bore?? I can see that jamming the barrel.

is the cocking block jammed -- the barrel go through that block, if it was the cocking handle will not move and you can't do a thing.

there are orings in the shroud--if over expended with force it can miss aligned them -- and will no longer smooth to side.

I keep a log with all the issue and fix with the impact and that's a 1st, so please tell me the cause when you find out---- I know this gun inside out and I'm baffled why it got stuck!!!! 

That's hard to believe -- any burrs made by the screw is force away from the ID. I tighten down mine really hard -- some time with a soft jaw pliers to really get it tight because no matter how tight I get the barrel screw down still gets loose. 

The fix: made a seat for a ball bearing on the barrel then embedded the ball bearing on the locking screw---with only a small tightness on the locking screw it's dead tight with no movement through out the day shooting---use to get loose every mag and if I don't tighten down the barrel start to move foward then start looseing speed due to TP miss alignments.

there is no metal to metal close tolerances to me--- the barrel is free floating on 2 orings in the front bushing and 2 orings at the TP

I had the screw that holds the block the pellet probe rests in come loose. I noticed my accuracy slipping after only 2 weeks of owning it and also found pellet shavings in my mag. I started to investigate and found that block loose. I'd check that on your rifle because it could cause the probe to cock in your barrel causing it to be difficult to remove. I didn't want to send it for repair and miss my new rifle for a few weeks so I fixed it myself. It was easier than expected. I also had to loosen up my mag screw and now the accuracy is better than ever. I understand the Impact is a new design and will have some issues at first, but the darn thing is so accurate and has so many options that it was worth the risk for me. The Impact was my first high end PCP and I'm glad I chose it despite the technical difficulty I had. 

Come on guys, coon never said what cause it to get stuck---waiting on his replay.

there is enough clearance to side a 1.5mm oring in that bore, and think .5mm clearance between the barrel and bore, that barrel is hard metal your not going to turn that screw when metal to metal with your fingers period.

even if you didn't aligned the screw dead center on hit an edge of the slot on the barrel your not going to make a tall enough burr to jam to barrel that tight --- tell you I did it so many time lost count, your not going to believe me unless you have owned one and experience it you're self. 

It's a long shot, but maybe a pellet piece is lodged inside the barrel down between the transfer port opening and the block?

By the way. Doesn't the barrel lock screw skew the barrel towards one direction and may affect accuracy? Since the barrel free-floats only on the o-rings I would think that as the barrel screw tightens down on the barrel the barrel as it is forced upon compresses the o-rings on the opposite side.

Sorry for a side question: where on the Impact would it be beneficial to put moly powder (Molybdenum disulfide) on moving parts? I think the moly would be good on the power adjustment wheel (I read is was wearing out fast), cocking slide, pellet probe mechanism, trigger group.

That's not possible, the TP has to be way smaller then the pellet to prevent pellet clipping the hole and damaging the pellet.

yes the rear of the barrel is force to the left. So don't really know if barrel is totally aligned with scope rail. Only groups testing will tell the story. Lube on the cam and bearing on the power wheel is good. Some parts are not meant to be lubricant. 

"sniperlabyo"Been scratching my head--why in the world you can't pull the barrel out after loosening the barrel locking screw till it clear the slot on the barrel because that's the only thing that will prevent it from coming out unless the cocking pin back out then rub on the barrel if that happens gun won't cock, even with a loose set screw for the probe --probe it's going to get stuck in the barrel -- if it did its small enough to clear the barrel bushing and side out with the barrel.

did the brass adapter for the TP separated from the barrel smooth bore?? I can see that jamming the barrel.

is the cocking block jammed -- the barrel go through that block, if it was the cocking handle will not move and you can't do a thing.

there are orings in the shroud--if over expended with force it can miss aligned them -- and will no longer smooth to side.

I keep a log with all the issue and fix with the impact and that's a 1st, so please tell me the cause when you find out---- I know this gun inside out and I'm baffled why it got stuck!!!! 

i've noticed the brass piece at the end of the barrel has what looks like a alignment notch on U shaped groove. the edge of the shoulder on that groove has significant damage. i dont know what that locks onto or around is it a moving part? that had become jammed holding it tight?

"Txboy"Mine went back 3 times before I finally asked for a new gun on the third go round. Since the new gun no problems. Shoots like a dream. I shoot the heavies between 860-870 with the valve a little over half way closed. The reg and trigger are factory set did no adjustments. My first guns last three in the serial number was like 105. The new one is in the high 100's so hopefully if you have one above that you'll be without issue.
my guns last 3 numbers are 026

That is an alignment notch for the transfer port, it state that on the manual. Vary important to know, you just don't side barrel in and tighten the screw.

that's the 1st thing you aligned before tightening the mounting screw.

so how were you changing barrel be fore it got stuck??

if you didn't aligned the TP it will affect your accuracy.

you have to be vary careful with minimum force to aligned that pin to barrel groove --- it's soft brass. So if you slide barrel in hard--most likely you will jam the pin in the brass sleeve of the barrel.

I have made video stating that pin and brass alignment and a lot on YouTube in the importance of it.