• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact .25 o-ring and barrel hold down knob

I finally got tired of having to tighten the barrel knob after 30-40 shots. I didn't have the exact size o-ring and was not wanting to by a bag of 100 just to get one so I found some o-rings I had that were a close fit (#10) and tried it under the knob. Snugged up great and yet to loosen.
To back up, my groups with this rifle have been decent but nothing to write home about. That is until I tried this o-ring fix. Since then my groups have gone from good to great. I know barrel loosening causes POI shift which I did see. But it's a more consistently accurate shooter now. Wondering if those who have done this are getting similar results. If you haven't tried this yet it's worth looking into and will cost maybe a buck.

"Drumsnguns"I finally got tired of having to tighten the barrel knob after 30-40 shots. I didn't have the exact size o-ring and was not wanting to by a bag of 100 just to get one so I found some o-rings I had that were a close fit (#10) and tried it under the knob. Snugged up great and yet to loosen.
To back up, my groups with this rifle have been decent but nothing to write home about. That is until I tried this o-ring fix. Since then my groups have gone from good to great. I know barrel loosening causes POI shift which I did see. But it's a more consistently accurate shooter now. Wondering if those who have done this are getting similar results. If you haven't tried this yet it's worth looking into and will cost maybe a buck.
Thanks for the insider. I did notice my knob backing off after a few shots as well. I will try your mod and see how it goes. 

First off, this is not my idea. Another member came up with it and it's brilliant. Also Ernest Rowe has a great video about this very thing on YouTube. 
The actual size of the ring is: 4.42x2.62 mm. The o-ring I'm using is just a #10. It's close enough in size to do what it's supposed to do. Got them at Home Depot or Lowes. Just make sure you get it with the thick diameter ring. I measured mine at 2.mm. 

I will add that I just bought the impact o-ring kit off Amazon and included is the proper size ring and shim Ernest mentions in his video. So I will have the proper ring. But the #10 seems to work just fine. I shot a series of targets at 30 where I zero and two out of ten had 5 shot holes measuring 3/16". The worst was 5/8. All the rest were 1/4". From my experience that's fantastic. The gun has never shot this consistently before. Until this I thought I was going to have to do some barrel work. Not touching a thing, now.