• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .22 700mm tuning questions?

I'm shooting the Redesigns out of my 600 mm barrel at 916 with the second reg at only 108 bar hammer at just under 4, everything stock but the port on the slug port.
I'm sure with the longer barrel and a bit more air and hammer spring you could easily reach 970 with the stock parts.
I'm not sure but I believe they want the max on the second reg at 150 but I've seen higher. If I went that on mine right now I bet I'd be over the 970 fps with the shorter barrel.

I'm shooting the Redesigns out of my 600 mm barrel at 916 with the second reg at only 108 bar hammer at just under 4, everything stock but the port on the slug port.
I'm sure with the longer barrel and a bit more air and hammer spring you could easily reach 970 with the stock parts.
I'm not sure but I believe they want the max on the second reg at 150 but I've seen higher. If I went that on mine right now I bet I'd be over the 970 fps with the shorter barrel.
Do you have the stock transfer port, or the Huma. I’m gonna try swapping out the pellet probe and transfer port before going into the internals.

Same rifle & I’ve gotten NSA 27.5 to 1k FPS easily without any mods. Pellet probe & stock slug port with 2nd reg not over 125. Right now reg is at 120 and can get Zan .218 25.5 grain to 1030 fps, though that’s not where the accuracy is.
Looks like we are interested in the same ammo. I want:
1. Fabulous accuracy as simply and cheaply as possible
2. Performance in wind
3. Reasonable shot count
I’m after a precise slug tune that will work out to 200 yards, where a slight adjustment of macro or valve will make the MRDs group up to 70 yards(the easy part).

I’ve just started having a play with slugs very little first hand info where I’m from with your impact’s mostly being stock what hammer settings are you running
If I’m not mistaken it’s where the micro sits that’s important, and a particular micro setting can be achieved with various settings of the macro. Right now my micro is usually adjusted between 4.5 and 5 (the top of the scale) with my 2nd reg set at 120 bar. Pretty sure I could lower the second regulator by 10 bar and still get 1000 FPS with a 25 grain slug.

Reactions: dens228
FX recommends not going above 155-160Bar on either reg to prevent damage. You are going to want at least a 10Bar differential, so that leaves you about 140-150Bar on the rear/second reg. If you want to go higher you can either remove the first reg and max out the factory rear reg; or upgrade to high pressure Huma regs.
This is good advice. Running a really high pressure may mean your gun won’t seal at lower pressures. I bought a mk2 that was all hyped up to shoot slugs with the reg running 170 bar. The valve got formed continuously operating at that high pressure and would no longer seal at lower pressure. Had to get the valve pin seal swapped out. Luckily the valve housing was fine. Just something to think about. Always best to stay within factory limits. If going outside is needed maybe bump to a PB rimfire.

Reactions: Vana2
If I’m not mistaken it’s where the micro sits that’s important, and a particular micro setting can be achieved with various settings of the macro. Right now my micro is usually adjusted between 4.5 and 5 (the top of the scale) with my 2nd reg set at 120 bar. Pretty sure I could lower the second regulator by 10 bar and still get 1000 FPS with a 25 grain slug.
Exactly, stating what the wheel is set at without giving the macro setting is pointless. You can set the macro to whatever and still change the micro to whatever without changing the macro.

Cheers mate I’ve got my 2nd reg set on 110 but wasn’t sure if running the micro 4-4.50 was too high or if I needed to up my reg

Cheers mate I’ve got my 2nd reg set on 110 but wasn’t sure if running the micro 4-4.50 was too high or if I needed to up my reg
My 22 is set to 108 at the second reg. It's fps peaks out at a micro of 4, going higher does not add fps so going higher on the spring would be too much for me in that it's slamming the hammer faster than it needs to. Your mileage may vary.