Impact 20 MOA rail

Anything that can accurately measure, or even hold itself at a measurement will tell you whether your mount has any angle machined into it. First measure the front end of the mount from the top of the picatinny rail down to the gun's flat mounting rail. Then take a measurement at the back end of the rail, again from the top of the picatinny rail to the gun's flat mounting rail. There will be a slope and a smaller measurement in the front if there is built in moa to your picatinny rail.

No impacts have come with an MOA rail. It’s the new Mavericks that have that. I asked FX-USA one month ago on 8 December and this is their response. 
——————————————————

Hello Mike,

The newest rifle that has the MOA slant on the Picatinny rail is the Maverick. The Maverick is not compatible with the impact. 

Best Regards,

Kayla W. 
—————————————————-

My question below:

Hi.

Does the newer version Impact have a scope pic rail with an MOA slant? If do, and if it fits an Impact X, I’d like to buy one. Thanks for the information and help. 

Mike 

Looks like Centercut has the definitive answer directly from FX. You can mill a slope into the base of that mounting rail, or use the correct height shims under the machine screws to accomplish the same thing. I bought Burris XTR Signature rings to accomplish changing my scope's mounted angle. Burris also makes this in a single piece AR style offset mount with quick-detach levers.

Happy new year. I got my Impact x MK 2 mid Dec. 2020 and it has some MOA comp. built into the rail. Yay. The slope is steep enough that at 30 yards my scope wasn’t able to un-compensate fully. All POI’s were nearly 2 dots high on my reticle. I have zeroed the MOA with Burris signature Z ring mounts and +10 x -10 inserts. Have not had opportunity to dial it in yet. Cheers to all. 

CE97D134-49F1-40FA-A607-0D56E2289C33.1611560168.jpeg
Saw this so measured it.

20 moa is 0.333 deg so close enough 

Reactions: kirkb
Convincing statements deny the 20 MOA on the new Impact 2 and a convincing picture with a gauge to illustrate suggesting just the opposite. And an inconclusive statement quoted from FX. But Centercut believes there is no MOA on the Impact 2. Is Fast J wrong?

Can some one read this language? That can interpret this intriguing question. I need to know. Scope rails are expensive and inquiring minds need to KNOW

This cannot be a Paradox. Someone must have the TRUTH

Please someone help me

Convincing statements deny the 20 MOA on the new Impact 2 and a convincing picture with a gauge to illustrate suggesting just the opposite. And an inconclusive statement quoted from FX. But Centercut believes there is no MOA on the Impact 2. Is Fast J wrong?

Can some one read this language? That can interpret this intriguing question. I need to know. Scope rails are expensive and inquiring minds need to KNOW

This cannot be a Paradox. Someone must have the TRUTH

Please someone help me

Maybe FASTJ can retake the pic, with a small level behind the scope rail and have it show level, while he has his digital level gage on top of the scope rail, further forward to the end of the scope rail. 

Im sure there have been a few folks that have since gotten their impacts in from pre order since this tread started, and maybe they should pipe in and verify their findings.

Exactly 

The scope mount if you have the 20 Moa on the airgun, would need to be a Zero, as adding a 20 to the already 20 Moa would be too much for sure. I found that I had done just that. Tonight I replaced the scope mount with a zero and can't wait to see how it benefits.

Looking at the pictures and my Impact 2, I can see the tapering line below the Picatinny to gun frame. Its subtle but definitely visible. Sweet knowledge. Im grateful for all the input and now clarification.