Impact 2 slug barrel setup??

I would go to 700mm for the extra speed at lower pressure.

FX Twist Rates -.1626164910.jpg

You would need all the parts that are included in a barrel kit (minus the probe) if you are going to a longer barrel. Not sure if they are shipping with the dual hole transfer ports now or not.

Nah, just get someone with a lathe to make a barrel extension for the longer liner. Works perfectly. Flare the brass transfer port to 7.5mm at the entrance and elongate the port toward the chamber with a slug in place to make sure you don't go too far. Never make the port wider to the inside to avoid projectiles tipping into the port. I like to modify the probe by removing the top half, opening the port larger than the brass port, thin it and knife edge all edges except the face that pushes the projectile. If you're not comfortable doing the work then buy ready made parts.

barrel ext.1626629043.jpg
Port2 -.1625450144.jpg

Ok, Superior heavy 700 mm—-can you purchase a complete kit with everything?? I see the competitive shooters using carbon sleeves—with the sleeve do u still need a shroud? What place do you recommend for Superior liner and shroud or custom shroud and who does the carbon sleeves? My compact 30 Impact was from just before the new ones came out. It came from Talon Tunes—he did “tune” it but I will call and ask him about the probe.

Ok, Superior heavy 700 mm—-can you purchase a complete kit with everything?? I see the competitive shooters using carbon sleeves—with the sleeve do u still need a shroud? What place do you recommend for Superior liner and shroud or custom shroud and who does the carbon sleeves? My compact 30 Impact was from just before the new ones came out. It came from Talon Tunes—he did “tune” it but I will call and ask him about the probe.

yes, easiest thing is to get the barrel kit with shroud for 400 dollars. Utah air might have some but the problem is all the kits are sold with superior, not heavy so worth a call to see if you can change the liner. This way you can keep the shorter barrel to sell or upgrade with a heavy liner because you don’t need shoot 900+ FPS especially with the heavy liners. Personally I would upgrade you existing liner to heavy and see how it does, with the right tune you might get to 900 FPS even with TP upgrade and the right tune. If you want you can spend 5 minutes to open the probe a little but no real difference because at best it gets you 5-8 FPS. 

Do you need carbon sleeve? Not really with 500mm liner but it’s a really nice to have with 700mm liners. No one has them right now so just have to wait for FX version unless you got tools to make them yourself. The sleeve is for the liner to be inside of the barrel housing, add a carbon spacer from earnest and you POI should be more stable.

I wish to definitely keep the compact barrel assy—I want to be able to switch back and forth from the short pellet barrel to the long slug barrel. Any special tools or knowledge needed?

only tool you need is a 3mm Allen wrench to loosen 1 scrub screw since you are keeping the same caliber.

you should have no issues shooting same ammo in the 700mm barrel except the same pellet/slug will be almost 100fps faster with the same exact tune/setting. 

That’s it!!!