Impact .177 magazines

I have one 38 rd. FX magazine that come with my Impact. its pretty good except once in a while it hangs up cycling the next round to the breech. sometimes I can hear/feel it fail if I'm paying attention and a little bump at the rear of the rifle will cause it to advance.
I'm weighing the options of buying 2 more and a Studloader direct to mag device or Carm mags instead.
Anyone have Carm mags in .177 for Impact? How do you like them?
Thanks in advance!

one thing to try loosen your barrel and put 177 magazine into place then bring the barrel
back so that it just touches the magazine and tighten down again and see if it works better,
the early 177 mags had a issue of being tight something that worked for me was to sand the
mag down on a flat surface with 600 grit wet dry sand paper.

Yes the Carm mags are good I use the 22 and 25 cal ones

Reactions: Who_needs_powder
Elis5713 also makes 3d printed magazines for the impact. But another thing to look at next time it happens is see how many pellets are still in the magazine. It maybe near the end and it just needs a little more spring tension. If so you can take it apart and move the spring 90 degrees to give it just a little more tension. Just don't tighten too much otherwise the extra spring tension can damage soft pellets causing bad grouping.

Allen

Reactions: Who_needs_powder
one thing to try loosen your barrel and put 177 magazine into place then bring the barrel
back so that it just touches the magazine and tighten down again and see if it works better,
the early 177 mags had a issue of being tight something that worked for me was to sand the
mag down on a flat surface with 600 grit wet dry sand paper.

Yes the Carm mags are good I use the 22 and 25 cal ones
Thanks for the tips!

Elis5713 also makes 3d printed magazines for the impact. But another thing to look at next time it happens is see how many pellets are still in the magazine. It maybe near the end and it just needs a little more spring tension. If so you can take it apart and move the spring 90 degrees to give it just a little more tension. Just don't tighten too much otherwise the extra spring tension can damage soft pellets causing bad grouping.

Allen
Thanks for the tips! It does seem to happen in the last third of the magazine's capacity.

I have one 38 rd. FX magazine that come with my Impact. its pretty good except once in a while it hangs up cycling the next round to the breech. sometimes I can hear/feel it fail if I'm paying attention and a little bump at the rear of the rifle will cause it to advance.
I'm weighing the options of buying 2 more and a Studloader direct to mag device or Carm mags instead.
Thanks in advance!
I havent tried the Carm in that caliber but I have one and It is pretty amazing

When i have had my barrel out of my Maverick i have run into the barrel seating too deep and so not possible to insert magazine, this is especially true after i have installed the Huma dual transfer port.
What i do now is put in my Carm single tray loader, and then put my barrel in so it butt up to that.

Also have Carm slug magazine for my Maverick, and i also got one of their Mags for my Vulcan 3

When i have had my barrel out of my Maverick i have run into the barrel seating too deep and so not possible to insert magazine, this is especially true after i have installed the Huma dual transfer port.
What i do now is put in my Carm single tray loader, and then put my barrel in so it butt up to that.

Also have Carm slug magazine for my Maverick, and i also got one of their Mags for my Vulcan 3
You back up what Ydunn.223 had to say about barrel seating depth and that is good to know. I'm not sure tight fitting mag relates to it failing to fully rotate the next round in, but who knows? Thanks for the input,

This was happening to me all saturday night, from start to finish, it was quite annoying, its a 3d printed mag not sure from where as I got it with the rifle. I ordered an eagle vision mag last night.
When I read your reply I thought, "Eagle Vision doesn't offer an Impact mag in .177". I looked them up again and that looks awesome! thanks for the tip!!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Thanks in advance!
I have 2 of those mags that do the same, one a little worse than the other. Not a deal breaker, but a little annoying. Just confirming that it's a thing.