• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Immersive Optics

Gentlemen, Ladies, I am trying to figure out which one of higher power Immersive Optics scopes would possibly work best for American style HFT. The clarity, general lightness in a short to middle range scope interests me. I emailed Immersive Optics in GB to discuss this and ultimately I believe that we were talking at cross purposes, it appears that they were discussing European style FT shooting and were emphatic about not being able to touch the scope at all during competition. So to them having a Deep Depth of Field, where most of the targets would remain in focus off of a single focus point was ideal. I could not get across the idea of wanting to touch the focus/parallax wheel for the express purpose of range finding to them.
So if anyone who has experience or insight with one or more of these three scopes (10×24, 10x40 or 12x50) as to which one would work best here in the States for HFT, I would be greatly appreciative.
Sorry to impose but I don't have nearly the budget to purchase all of them to figure it out (and the Amazon option of buying and returning each of them in turn is not available at the present time).
Respectfully
BP-1

Gentlemen, Ladies, I am trying to figure out which one of higher power Immersive Optics scopes would possibly work best for American style HFT. The clarity, general lightness in a short to middle range scope interests me. I emailed Immersive Optics in GB to discuss this and ultimately I believe that we were talking at cross purposes, it appears that they were discussing European style FT shooting and were emphatic about not being able to touch the scope at all during competition. So to them having a Deep Depth of Field, where most of the targets would remain in focus off of a single focus point was ideal. I could not get across the idea of wanting to touch the focus/parallax wheel for the express purpose of range finding to them.
So if anyone who has experience or insight with one or more of these three scopes (10×24, 10x40 or 12x50) as to which one would work best here in the States for HFT, I would be greatly appreciative.
Sorry to impose but I don't have nearly the budget to purchase all of them to figure it out (and the Amazon option of buying and returning each of them in turn is not available at the present time).
Respectfully
BP-1
The 10x24 is going to have better depth of field than the 10x40 -- I've got the 5x24 and 5x30 and while it isn't a stark difference, the 5x24 has noticeably bettet depth of field.

I'd either ask over in the FT subforum, or figure out if you'd prefer 10 or 12 x magnification. Both are going to have very shallow depth of field.

Also, FWIW, they all come, new, with two sticker wraps so you can apply the range finding graduations at a known distance for your scope.

Reactions: Bullpupone
Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having trying to buy a prismatic from Steve Allan. I'm not sure if there's a US distributor for Immersive Optics, but have you tried checking out walkeroutdoors.net? They're a pretty sweet website for all kinds of outdoor gear, including optics.
I've never personally tried Immersive Optics, but I've heard good things about their prismatic scopes. It sucks that you haven't heard back from them yet, but hopefully they'll get back to you soon. In the meantime, maybe give walkeroutdoors.net a look and see if they have anything that catches your eye.

Last edited:
Immersive prism was made for the P-Rod. Pulled that silly moa mount and stuck the scope in a 30mm medium height UTG Pro ring. With the AR style adjustable stock, eye relief is easy to obtain and repeatable. Now to get out and test at distance.
Yup, I went to a single ring on my 1720t with a 5x24. Much better.

Reactions: UCChris and matgx3
Can confirm what everyone is saying. Adjustable stock and a single ring makes for a very nice setup.

PXL_20230312_165828655.jpg

Reactions: NickT
I am sharing my experience with purchasing a scope from Immersive Optics. I went to their website as they are located in UK. Under where to buy they listed 2 places in the US, Amazon and Sports/and/Outdoors. No scopes listed on Amazon but the other did. I placed an order and then the same day a notice it is on the way. Sounds great but they only printed the label and didn't give it to the post office until 5 days latter. Raised a question as their address is in Las Vegas but it came from Charlotte, NC? Charge is to a foreign bank and no phone number for business? 3 days latter it arrives, and the box is wrapped in brown paper. Remove paper and it looks like box was sent back as it says Return to Sender in black magic marker and has someone else's address? Open it and it is not the scope I ordered and has a packing label for someone else. Contact them on their site and send an email with my order telling them about mistake. I look into their address, and it is even not their business but one of those Mail/PO Box places so you can have a mailing address? The actual shipper is Sanity Shipping in Charlotte. 2 days and no response so I contact Immersive Optics in the UK. UK replies first apologizing and says they will contact retailer and Sports finally sends me an email that they will straighten this out and to send a picture of product and wrong packing label. So 2 days later I get it is on the way again but not really until 2 days later when post office gets it. Should arrive tomorrow. Wish I had just bought from Immersive in the UK now.

I, too, had considered that vendor, but despite being listed as an official retailer for Immersive, the tone of their website set off alarms as being too sketchy. I ordered mine from Airgun Archery Fun in Canada. There may be issues with trying to get any possible warranty work done, but at least I know it's a reputable outfit and I'll get a scope. The price was better, too.