Immersive Optics

these from amazon

20210811_185826.1629773656.jpg

20210811_185839.1629773666.jpg

the problem with the low profile rail is that I cannot find a nut that is shorter, too much sticking out from the rail. I don't want to buy a whole box of nuts because I need only one.

these from amazon

the problem with the low profile rail is that I cannot find a nut that is shorter, too much sticking out from the rail. I don't want to buy a whole box of nuts because I need only one.

Attila,

I hear you. It's either buying that box of nuts — or the following scenario:

I just installed a Tactacam, on a compact 3-12x44 scope, on a pistol — three things that were clearly NOT made for each other.

I either did not have enough space under the Tactacam for my thumb to cock the hammer.

Or everytime I shoot the gun without the Tactacam (FTS), my eye would be so close as the make the hammer strike on my eye. 😱 

➔ So, I had to install a riser rail, and even then the Tactacam didn't fit — or my thumb — or my eye....

After much debating between the practical part of my brain and the part that said "You must keep everything in pristine condition like all the guys on AGN!" — my desire to go shooting won out and I listened to the practical side of the brain.

🔺 I TOOK A DREMEL and cut off an inch of raiser rail.

🔺And I groud off 1/8" off the 25moa Hawke mounts.

🔺And I'm about to take the dremel to the raiser rail bolts and chop off what's not essential.

So, Attila, what's it gonna be? Box of nuts — or dremel...? 🤣 

Matthias 

these from amazon

Attila,

I hear you. It's either buying that box of nuts — or the following scenario:

I just installed a Tactacam, on a compact 3-12x44 scope, on a pistol — three things that were clearly NOT made for each other.

I either did not have enough space under the Tactacam for my thumb to cock the hammer.

Or everytime I shoot the gun without the Tactacam (FTS), my eye would be so close as the make the hammer strike on my eye. 😱 

➔ So, I had to install a riser rail, and even then the Tactacam didn't fit — or my thumb — or my eye....

After much debating between the practical part of my brain and the part that said "You must keep everything in pristine condition like all the guys on AGN!" — my desire to go shooting won out and I listened to the practical side of the brain.

🔺 I TOOK A DREMEL and cut off an inch of raiser rail.

🔺And I groud off 1/8" off the 25moa Hawke mounts.

🔺And I'm about to take the dremel to the raiser rail bolts and chop off what's not essential.

So, Attila, what's it gonna be? Box of nuts — or dremel...? 🤣 

Matthias

:^)

Well now that looks like a much better solution to the big nuts . I’m still on the fence on if I should get one or not. I’ll try hunting with the vector for now , if I’m not happy with how it works . I’ll probably go the IO road.

Second week in September I go backpacking to Manitoulin Island and in the way back S.Ste Marie and through Sudbury Hwy 400 South. If you happen to be around we can meet for a coffee. I can give you the scope for couple weeks, don't buy it yet try it first.

Second week in September I go backpacking to Manitoulin Island and in the way back S.Ste Marie and through Sudbury Hwy 400 South.

If you happen to be around we can meet for a coffee.

I can give you the scope for couple weeks, don't buy it yet try it first.

Attila,

you are one cool airgunner! 👍🏼 

And AGN is one cool community! 👍🏼

Matthias

Well now that looks like a much better solution to the big nuts . I’m still on the fence on if I should get one or not. I’ll try hunting with the vector for now , if I’m not happy with how it works . I’ll probably go the IO road.

Second week in September I go backpacking to Manitoulin Island and in the way back S.Ste Marie and through Sudbury Hwy 400 South. If you happen to be around we can meet for a coffee. I can give you the scope for couple weeks, don't buy it yet try it first.

If you like that area, check out Killarney provincial park.

Some of the best backpacking I've ever done, and a loop to boot!

Attila , 

thats a great offer but I’m heading out on the 18th for my yearly camping trip/ hunting and fishing. If you haven’t hiked through those parts before be ready to be blown away. It’s only a few hours from here and I rarely get out to those parts but I really should make the time. I’ll be two and a half hours North of Sudbury off HWY 144 , in some of the best pickerel/walleye fishing lakes I’ve ever seen . Not to mention small game opens on the 15th. One day we will have to get a coffee. 

I got a 5x30 IO yesterday. I only got to loosely mount it to a Classic Leshiy & a P-rod & spent some time scanning anywhere from 12' to over a hundred yards.

It has the quick target acquisition hunting reticle. 

With the diopter adjusted I was able to read book titles from 12' away. Yes that's feet, not yards.

Barely have to turn parallax wheel to focus between 15 & 75 yards. 

FOV is huge. I love large FOV scopes but this one another level. 

Glass is good enough for me. Bright with a slight yellow tint. Slight hazy ring around the edges but with the large FOV I have to look for it.

With the installed MOA mount I couldn't get it far enough back on my Leshiy but it also blocked the breech on my Prod. Fortunately there are shorter & longer mounts included that will work better with each rifle but I didn't have time to play with those before heading out of town. 

As such I'm reluctant to comment on eye box but it seems pretty good. This optic is probably a better fit for the P-rod than the Leshiy & if I put one on that rifle I'll likely look for the lowest dovetail ring that still allows the optic to clear the magazine. 

This is a short eye relief scope & I believe that leads to it not being a great choice for both eyes open scanning & shooting. 

Looking forward to taking this one in the woods & seeing what it's like to follow a squirrel at 5x with a scope with a FOV more like a 3x scope.

I got a 5x30 IO yesterday. I only got to loosely mount it to a Classic Leshiy & a P-rod & spent some time scanning anywhere from 12' to over a hundred yards.

It has the quick target acquisition hunting reticle. 

With the diopter adjusted I was able to read book titles from 12' away. Yes that's feet, not yards.

Barely have to turn parallax wheel to focus between 15 & 75 yards. 

FOV is huge. I love large FOV scopes but this one another level. 

Glass is good enough for me. Bright with a slight yellow tint. Slight hazy ring around the edges but with the large FOV I have to look for it.

With the installed MOA mount I couldn't get it far enough back on my Leshiy but it also blocked the breech on my Prod. Fortunately there are shorter & longer mounts included that will work better with each rifle but I didn't have time to play with those before heading out of town. 

As such I'm reluctant to comment on eye box but it seems pretty good. This optic is probably a better fit for the P-rod than the Leshiy & if I put one on that rifle I'll likely look for the lowest dovetail ring that still allows the optic to clear the magazine. 

This is a short eye relief scope & I believe that leads to it not being a great choice for both eyes open scanning & shooting. 

Looking forward to taking this one in the woods & seeing what it's like to follow a squirrel at 5x with a scope with a FOV more like a 3x scope.

won't be a problem for Leshiy, the scope can be moved far back using the longest rail included in the set, two locknut is enough to fix the rail, this is from the manual. Drawback - makes the gun set up longer when folded. 

leshak1.1630182162.jpg

As for P-rod, considering they come with dovetail rail, I think you need these https://www.amazon.com/WestHunter-Adjustable-Picatinny-Accessories-Riflescope/dp/B08CBSSBRS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=BZTMPW5MVISJ&dchild=1&keywords=dovetail+to+picatinny+rail+adapter&qid=1630182435&sprefix=dovetail+to+picatinny+%2Caps%2C271&sr=8-6