Immersive Optics Shockproof?

10x40 Scope is mounted on a Steyr Pro X Scout. Really, really like the scope. Had just checked the zero after putting a new stock on the Steyr, all was perfect.
Then the rifle sort of toppled off the stand and fell maybe 6-8” onto the shooting table, not really a hard fall, sort of a slow motion kind of thing.
Picked it up and proceeded to completely miss a target at 47 yds 10 times in a row. WTF?
Put it back on the bench and found the POI had shifted 6” to the left and 1” up.
Doublechecked the rail, the scope mounts, etc and everything was solid, nothing had appeared to been knocked out of place, so the only thing I could narrow it down to was the scope internals.
I’ve had a spill or two over the years with big March scopes and nothing changed, POI remained perfect.
My concern is that now I have no confidence in the scope maintaining its POI when I’m out in the woods, etc and I also plan on slinging it and riding to some shooting areas.
Would appreciate any thoughts esp from Immersive owners who have bumped or dropped their scopes.
Thanks

wow 6 inces sounds like the mount bent or lens shifted , I would take a few shots rezero , and wack it with hand or rubber hammer and see if it is toast ,if it reshifts I used to stress test many scopes and I have had alot of even expensive scopes fail , Ps one time I hd my gun on a tripod on my deck I was shooting across pond at 108 yard spinner and my stock was synthetic and like 2 piece , it was my R5M 22 with my Schmidt Bender 5x25 with PF4 reticle well it tumbled down 14 stairs and landed on cement patio,,
I put my wood stock back on and the gun and scope held zero , after the fall , This is why one reason I love edguns and PM2scopes
LOU
ps I had a 5x immersion optic I dropped it in woods and broke it but for money and being light weight I still have one of them in my collection

Reactions: MarineO6
On a gun like the impact the scope rail is held by only by 3 screws and the screws are at opposite ends of the rail nothing in between. I Had the one big screw back off in front. After putting it in the bag and a long trip I pulled it back out and it had move some 20 -25 clicks to the left! So check your scope rail, it may have shifted over.

Allen

Reactions: MarineO6