Immersive Optics 5x30 Pro

So, has anyone seen one of these in person? I am curious to hear how it stacks up with the original series.

I liked the original (MTC) 12x50 and (IO) 5x30, but I had to hold my neck in an uncomfortable position on my Wildcat. I am hopeful that the extra eye relief might solve this. I am also interested to see if they will bring the "Pro" version to a 10x magnification.

If anyone has looked through one of these, I would be interested to hear what you think.

I have not but have the same curiosity about it. Have used the original 5x30 & a longer eye relief version is appealing.

I believe a couple of posters on a UK forum have had both. If I find a link I'll post it.

As far as your Wildcat, I believe somebody has mounted their WC picatinny rail backwards to achieve better eye relief.

Of course if yours has a 20 MOA rail you'd then would likely have to use adjustable rings just to get it back to level. Fortunately that's standard on all Immersive optics, AFAIK.

Last edited:
I have not but have the same curiosity about it. Have used the original 5x30 & a longer eye relief version is appealing.

I believe a couple of posters on a UK forum have had both. If I find a link I'll post it.

As far as your Wildcat, I believe somebody has mounted their WC picatinny rail backwards to achieve better eye relief.

Of course if yours has a 20 MOA rail you'd then would likely have to use adjustable rings just to get it back to level. Fortunately that's standard on all Immersive optics, AFAIK.
Ha, yes, I was that guy who turned around his pic-rail... That is funny that you remember that.

I was trying to reduce weight by avoiding that extra-long mount included with the scope. And it worked, kind of. I was basing this idea off the theory that moving the weight closer to your should reduces the effective weight of the rifle. So, by reversing the pic-rail, I got to avoid using the longer mount and moved the weight of the pic-rail (however small that might be) closer to my shoulder.

Wildcat III, IO 5x30, Tatsu.jpg

Reactions: thane
Crazy that was you. And here I was going off a vague recollection.

As far as your theory, I tend to agree, especially for lighter guns.

I bought a Classic Leshiy with a scope on really high mounts. I shot with it for a while but my high cheekbones needed it lower.

I initially used slightly heavier (but lower) rings & it felt so much lighter getting the scope lower.

[Edit] I thought you wrote closer to the shroud when you actually wrote 'should' & probably meant shoulder? Regardless, I do think the effect scope position has on COG is a real thing.

Last edited:
it's imported into the US as an Element product with an updated reticle and a picatinny mount for a reddot on top. The MOA 5.56 bullet drop reticle looks to be the only one available, with PA having the cheapest price:

Why is the price so high compared to the regular Immersive? Just for a dot rail & fancy ret?

Why is the price so high compared to the regular Immersive? Just for a dot rail & fancy ret?
i guess thats the Matt Dubber premium lol

I have read the Element version also has a higher quality anodizing on the main body & maybe better turrets. I'm skeptical.

Months ago when these first showed up on the UK market I found a retailer who had something on their site about international shipping. I added it to my cart & I think had PayPal calculate the cost with the exchange rate.

It was going to be very expensive but I do not recall how much. Was having second thoughts & got a notification that they would not ship to the US, which was a relief.

Might have to try that again now that Drew's Lab has them. Believe they ship to US.

I just received my IO 5x30 Pro and will be putting it on a rifle today or tomorrow. I already have a 12x50 IO on my Panthera Hunter Compact, which I like using. I got the 5x30 Pro to be able to us my NV007SP-LRF clipon that does not work well with the zero relief scopes. I'll post on what a difference the longer eye relief makes.

What retailer did you use & what was cost with exchange rate & shipping?

@Scouty - Well I have a friend that lives in the UK, so I had him go to Vector Air's site and buy the 5x30 Pro and 2 more 14x50s for me and ship them. I had to pay the VAT due to a local sale but still way less than the comparable Element Optics version. Cost with shipping and exchange rate was (at the time) $410 for the 12x50 and $425 for the 5x30 Pro. I got the 2 12x50s as I like the one I use so much, I am going to put another on a different caliber gun for hunting. The 2nd one I got in case someone here would like to get it without spending an arm and a leg! I have it for sale in the "classified" section.

Went out to the range today (50 degrees before the 10+ degree coming this weekend) and sighted in the 5 x 30 on my Wolverine R .22. FOV is fantastic. I sighted it in at 30 yards which is my standard for most of my guns and then went to shoot at the 50 yard target. Glass is very clear and I was able to hit spent shotgun shells on the ground at 50 yards fairly easily. The relief is more like a normal scope. I had my 14x50 with me also and shot it at the same targets. It too was very clear and both focus very well with the parallax. Both are keepers!

Reactions: bigHUN and Scouty