• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Immersive 14x50 (or any other “zero eye relief” scopes) while wearing glasses?

I’m very much interested in trying Element’s Immersive Series 14x50 scope and may have the opportunity to look at one before buying. I’d have to make the time to run over to a dealer while visiting San Antonio but their limited hours on the one day I have available make it iffy. In the event that it doesn’t happen and I’m faced with ordering sight unseen, can anyone offer up some impressions of using similar ultra short eye relief scopes with glasses? My aging eyeballs dictate wearing readers to see up close and I hate flipping them up and down to see. I have “bifocal” and also magnified eye pro that I wear when shooting PBs, but I’m not sure how this is going to work out If the eye relief is actually short enough to clean the ocular with your eyelashes on these things every time you blink. 😁

Reactions: PumaCarl
The 14x50 is a very short eye relief, not sure if or how a glasses frame can fit into 10mm or something like that. Better chance if you can wear contacts.
I have my second IO scope, it is a 5x30 pro, the eye relief is more friendly, but 5x only.
I have the 14x50 and wear glasses. Can't say it is the ideal situation but it is my favorite optics by far. (y)
Thanks for your input bigHUN. I’ve followed your posts on getting the best out of a L2/Immersive combo and found myself wishing for 5x30 Pro type eye relief because of them. I’m hung up on the 14x magnification with such a huge FOV though. I hope I can get a chance to look through a 14x50 before buying and see if it’s what I‘m imagining it to be.

donut_man you find it workable though? Since I only need reading glasses for close up stuff, I can probably make things work even I I have the keep flipping them up on my head when using the scope. I see that process getting old quickly when switching back and forth though. Best if I can just leave them on.

...I’m hung up on the 14x magnification with such a huge FOV though...

... keep flipping them up on my head when using the scope...
The IO 14x50 glass clarity is impressive, the distance focus is very well defined and a FOV feels like you sittin in a movie theatre in a very first row :) .

I sold mine last year because I could not pack the L2 with it safely in a backpack, you see how far it is hanging at the rear beyond the mag.

20210811_190551.jpg

The 5x30 pro is pretty much flash with the mag, that is thanks to a longer eye relief.

20240117_154616.jpg

If you need to wear glasses for close up stuff you doing a same as me... put the glasses up finish what I need with my fingers and remove the glasses. That is working best for my mind also to tune the scopes I have. At a range when shooting I don't wear that damn thing on my nose.