• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Imapct MKII losing speed, HELP please

Hi there, My FX Impact MKII is gradualy losing speed and has nothing to do with the regulator as the pressure remains stable, also no leaks anywhere. If I tighten the hammer spring I get again the FPS but after a few shots then FPS go down again.

Any hints on this? Can it be the hammer spring losing tension?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I recently had the same problem. Wounded an animal so I checked my gun and it was slow. Checked the hammer spring measurements I had recorded in my notes and my hammer setting was way off. Turned the hex screw until I got my proper measurement back and all was fine. This time I dabbed some blue lock-tite on the screw. Hopefully this will stop it from happening again.

I have a MK2 impact and had the exact problem. Velocity going all over the place. I found it was the grub screw in the hammer spring slide working loose at each shot. In the end I had a machinest friend build another custom slide but with a 2mm locking grub screw 90 deg to the horizontal main grub screw. The new main grub screw is 22mm in length. Seethe photos. This eliminates the need for any locktite. Particularly if you want to adjust anything. Every MK2 should have one.
Hammer Spring Slide Front.1627560886.JPG
Hammer Spring Slide LHS.1627560886.JPG
Hammer Spring Slide RHS.1627560886.JPG