FX Image of my New FX Panthera Hunter Compact in .22 from Talon Tunes

Here's a picture of my new FX Panthera Hunter Compact in .22 that Tony at Air Guns by TalonTunes did for me with the folding stock adapter and the @SaberTactical lower forward ARCA Rail.

He's shipping it tomorrow so I will have it Saturday and when I get it I'll put on the buffer tube in the butt stock that I have. For a scope I think I'm going to put on an Arken Optics USA Nightvision Info/User Group Arken Optics Zulus HD (Hittac CP258) Owners Group.

I need to tell everyone about the superlative customer service that I got from Toni and Talon Tunes. No charge for installing the ARCA rail or folding adapter which included moving the bottle from the rear to the front and he turns it to where I specified and provides chronograph and Target to show me the accuracy and velocity consistency.
I'm very excited about this I need to find a new home for my FX Maverick in .22 and .30 as well as my Notos.

Mail Attachment.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. I especially LIKE the angled gauges. That was one of the small points that convinced me to buy this gun although the main points with the adaptability with barrels and bottles and a whole lot more. Certainly I will keep everyone informed about how this gun met my expectations. And I plan on shooting the JSB 18.13 grain pellet for starters and Tony is tuning for that.

Love everything about your rig excepting the angled guages… Looking forward to seeing it with the stock attached and to your impressions once you put her to the test…👍🙏

When I bought my Panthera I was skeptical of the gauge location. Having owned it a little over a year now I have grown quite fond of the location. No need to come off the gun to check them. I have a bipod on my gun all the time and so there is no reason to lay it on its side unless it is in the padded case.

Reactions: L.Leon
Here's a picture of my new FX Panthera Hunter Compact in .22 that Tony at Air Guns by TalonTunes did for me with the folding stock adapter and the @SaberTactical lower forward ARCA Rail.

He's shipping it tomorrow so I will have it Saturday and when I get it I'll put on the buffer tube in the butt stock that I have. For a scope I think I'm going to put on an Arken Optics USA Nightvision Info/User Group Arken Optics Zulus HD (Hittac CP258) Owners Group.

I need to tell everyone about the superlative customer service that I got from Toni and Talon Tunes. No charge for installing the ARCA rail or folding adapter which included moving the bottle from the rear to the front and he turns it to where I specified and provides chronograph and Target to show me the accuracy and velocity consistency.
I'm very excited about this I need to find a new home for my FX Maverick in .22 and .30 as well as my Notos.

View attachment 460785
I wish your rifle is as good as my FX Panthera Compact Hunter .25 Cal.

It took some time to get it shooting as it is now..... But wow !!!

Reactions: L.Leon
The "Hunter Compact" is as it's name says. The regular Panthera line is definitely setup for the long range shooting, but this gun is more for someone to haul around the woods. It's definitely a PITA to haul around a regular gun with a 600mm or longer barrel hunting - especially if you are in a lot of brush! Now setting up for prairie dog hunting, I would take the farthest shooting gun I have. I know that @Emu also uses his PHC for a carry around rifle also. I trade off between the HPC, my Krait L and my EVOL 15 when I'm walking a lot.

Reactions: Trent A
The "Hunter Compact" is as it's name says. The regular Panthera line is definitely setup for the long range shooting, but this gun is more for someone to haul around the woods. It's definitely a PITA to haul around a regular gun with a 600mm or longer barrel hunting - especially if you are in a lot of brush! Now setting up for prairie dog hunting, I would take the farthest shooting gun I have. I know that @Emu also uses his PHC for a carry around rifle also. I trade off between the HPC, my Krait L and my EVOL 15 when I'm walking a lot.
I use my .177 and .22 rifles for target and dove hunting.

I use my .25 rifles for target and dove and duck hunting.

Whenever I will have the chance of shooting anything bigger than a jackrabbit, I grab one of the .30 Cals.

Reactions: Trent A
I have thought A LOT about buying a Vulcan 3 700 mm in .25 Cal.

Yesterday I hit a stone the size of a golf ball at 190 yards with my FX Panthera Compact Hunter .25 Cal ......

Honestly I do not know what else could the Vulcan 3 give me that could justify the investment..... And my Panthera has two bottles, a small 300 cc in the rear and a 580 cc in the front. More air in reservoir than the Vulcan 3.

Also the Panthera has the possibility of increasing power really easy.

And having also the Sidewinder in .25 Cal, I do not foresee what the Vulcan 3 could give me as a plus in regard of what I already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: hussn32 and Pfddi