Im working on a RTI Prophet 2 adjustable trigger

I’m currently working on designing and developing a new adjustable trigger for the RTI’s.
I’d like to share a picture of my progress. I’m interested in your feedback. Thanks Mont

9C7EBB5B-0648-4EFB-8FD1-086E07EFEF98.jpeg

D10B60F6-4AF9-4D54-A081-4239C8F9F491.jpeg

Just curious, did you find the stock trigger too close to the grip? I can adjust my Prophet trigger to a ridiculously light pull if desire
Yes, I’d like to move the trigger forward some. I’d also like to turn the blade some. As, I’m a right handed shooter. Also would like to have the ability to pick different blade types. This will allow me all of the above. The factory RTI adjustments are wonderful, with first stage length, seer engagement, and spring tension. But I wanted to add personal fit adjustment to there adjustments. With all this additional adjustments. RTI will be one of the very best triggers I’ve personally experienced.

I work some more on the trigger today. I’ve managed to duplicate the trigger blade today. It took some thought, at first the little thing keep trying to fly across the shop.
After careful consideration of all the possible options for a trigger. I settled on a design that is wider than normal. I believe that with the add adjustments the wider trigger will allow the shooter to fill proper placement. Possibly preventing one from pulling the shoot. Either way, the linkage use a 4mm post making it universal to other trigger blades.
image.jpg

Reactions: douger and jmohme
Don’t you just love when everything is so good with a gun that you have to invent things to do to it. It’s a good problem to have. It’s way more fun working on refinements than major issues.
Amen! I love working with a gun that can be disassembled in 5 minutes. Fit your part or make your change. Throw it back together the speed hasn’t changed and the poi is with in one click of scope. All in ten minutes and three pellets.

Mont, I’ve noticed a lot of side to side slop on my Prophet tigger. Does this show up on your design? I’ll have to look at mine and see if I can add something to eliminate that lash.
Scotty, might I suggest you remove the side plate on the right hand side. Set the guns safety on. Loosen the 3mm set screw (1.5 Allen key)located in the blade of your factory trigger. But your thumb on the linkage pushing down and push on the far side of the trigger with your first finger while you tighten the 3mm set screw in the trigger. This should fix your problem.
My trigger have around .007 inches of side to side.
Mont