• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I'M TIRED OF PUMPING UP MY PCP/ FLASHPUP

I'm 61 and like things a little simpler I guess. My Hatsan Flashpup is a nice gun and very very accurate. Just getting tired of the hand pump so going back to a springer or piston break barrel. I don't want to buy any more gear like a bottle and compressor for the PCP and the expense that goes with this. I'm thinking the simpler world of break barrels is more for me. Been looking at some of the Hatsan offerings in .25 and .30. I've hunted small game my entire life with an air rifle. I started out in the big time with a Sheridan 5mm pump in my youth. I wore the barrel out on that one. Pumping 8 to 10 times sure beats pumping 50 to 100 times. Of course once the PCP is pumped up multiple shots are the reward. I'm just tired of getting there. Anyone else decide the same way?

This always turns into compressor love stories.

Are you persuaded yet? I'm not.

No, I don't want some cheap Wing Wang Hong Kong compressor amateur chemistry set. Does that coolant water turn to Kool Aid? LOL! I do actually hand pump when I get the urge to shoot a PCP but it's not very often.

So convenient to just grab a gun and shoot a little bit and put it away. No luggage.

Shoot what you like!

I agree --To each his own. I am somewhat of a newbie and have 2 PCP's. I use a hand pump and it has gotten old very fast. So, I bought a Yong Heng. I have yet to use it because of the water and the oil that is necessary to run the pump. However, I personally would not get a break barrel. I really like the PCP's and plan to purchase a few more. That is my 2 cents.

Pros and cons for sure. I'm heading towards a Hatsan .30 cal break barrel I think.

Hahaha, if you got tired of handpumping a flash I wander how long it will take you to get tired of breaking the barrel and carrying a 10 # gun before scope that gives you a rainbow trajectory at 500 fps with a .30 pellet :) :)

This. I have a Hatsan Mod 125 in .25 caliber (which finally kicked the bucket, totally dead gas ram after 7 years of mostly non-use). I chronographed that gun and was severely disappointed even with the lightest possible pellets in .25 ... I know the .30 caliber Hatsan's have a slightly larger piston but practically negligible.

That said, I have an AEA HP SS 30+ that does around 700 fps in .30 caliber. That's 50 fpe, and it's a laser at 50 yards. I plan to get an Umarex Guantlet 30 which does 1050 fps for 99-105 FPE range.

Shooting a .30 pellet in the 500's range FPS is just too slow. Even the .25s shoot too slow. Break barrel I would recommend sticking to .22 caliber and if you like power, get the Gamo Magnum.

I also have a Hatsan Hydra .25 which is fairly similar to the Flash. My opinion is you should buy an air compressor and maybe check out Air Venturi and Umarex for better performing airguns on a relative budget.

Hello, I was the same pumping my hatsan airmax by hand but a couple hundred bucks spent on a yong Heng and I've never used the hand pump since.

I only fill the rifle itself so it doesn't run long at all I did put on a twin cylinder water separator haven't had problem with it.

Anyway parts are dirt cheap

Jacko

My buddy has one and several carbon fiber tanks. Until my wife is more understanding this is not possible for me.