Im thinking of going down the darkside...

Well, I bought a Kalibr Arug .30, and I returned it in a week. Not because of the caliber choice, but because of the limitations of the gun from a tuneability standpoint.

Then I bought a Maverick VP .30cal, and I'm in love! Excellent platform for tuning it in every way imaginable, with the dual externally adjustable regulators. It's also very easy to tune in a predictable manner on the fly with the adjustable power wheel from 1 to 7.

For instance, I was shooting avian targets with the JSB Hades on Power Wheel on 1 (getting 760fps and 57fpe), and with the flick of the wrist, I was on Power Wheel 7 shooting FX Hybrid Slugs at 930fps with 85fpe and drilling groundhogs at 100 yards away!

...Then I bought a Maverick VP .30cal, and I'm in love! ...
I'm with you brother! I hadn't liked my previous .30 cal guns all that much, but the Maverick in .30 cal is just something special.

I bought mine as a 'demo' gun from Baker, and I could feel the tuning hand of Donnie Reed on it from the start. Having such expansive tunability is a great thing. Getting the gun already tuned by someone who forgets more than I will ever know... is priceless.

And I have been struck by lightning twice now. Going big bore I hadn't much liked my previous .357's (including M3 Impact 800mm), but the little AEA Challenger Pro is turning out to be a real jewel, as received tuned by its first owner - AGN member Cheplicki .

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I'm with you brother! I hadn't liked my previous .30 cal guns all that much, but the Maverick in .30 cal is just something special.

I bought mine as a 'demo' gun from Baker, and I could feel the tuning hand of Donnie Reed on it from the start. Having such expansive tunability is a great thing. Getting the gun already tuned by someone who forgets more than I will ever know... is priceless.

And I have been struck by lightning twice now. Going big bore I hadn't much liked my previous .357's (including M3 Impact 800mm), but the little AEA Challenger Pro is turning out to be a real jewel, as received tuned by its first owner - AGN member Cheplicki .
Cool!

I haven't had any luck with AEA, but I know many that have! I have two Benjamin Bulldog .357s and one of them has an ATN Thermal Scope which is perfect for trash pandas at night!

And buying a 30 cal. Cricket tactical. I always said I wouldn't go bigger than 25 but I'm finding myself getting bored with 22/25....any thoughts or just save the cake ?
Nooooo! don't do it!
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.05.19 PM.jpg