• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I’m tapped outl

I in my retirement found that my lifetime interest in firearms needed to be curtailed in that in the San Juan Islands I’m not able to alarm my neighbors with my love of shooting. I thus became very interested in PCP airgunning.

I have found my interest in PCP airgunning to result in my purchasing a Daystate Pulsar Hp, a Daystate Wolverine 2 Hi-Lite .30, a FX Royals Boss, and a Sumatra 2500. They are beautiful rifle but I haven’t had much time to be shooting much. I have a tendency to acquire all accessories available which amounts to a lot of money. I have even acquired a Omega Supercharger and the Omega Air Filter apparatus along with a large and medium sized Carbon Fibrer tanks.

But I’m confused and concerned that the expenses involved in this AirGun interest certainly Is one hell of expensive adventure. One has to consider the following.

The rifles need three year factory or dealer support authorized Maintenane. The rifle carbon fiber tanks need to be replaced. The Carbon Fiber support tanks need recertification and eventual replacement. The Omega Supercharger Reviews as to needed repairs and maintenane are not comforting.

Bottm Line; Be Aware that PCP Airgunning can be very rewarding but very expensive.

Well, sir, that's exactly why when I started considering the next step, that's why I stayed with springers! I would easily spend as much for peripherals as I would on the rifle! That didn't make sense to me, giving that I got into this as a relaxing hobby, and I enjoy the challenge of shooting a springer well. So, for the moment, I'll let others enjoy spending their money thataway, but who knows...I might get into it some day! I'm still working, approaching my retirement in a few years, so now is when I'll spend my money on my hobbies!

When I got into PCP's I bought a compressor right away. I also bought two guns. My thought was with 2 guns getting over 50 shots each I can shoot all day and not need a tank. Since I'm only using the compressor to fill the guns it cuts down on run time drastically, as it takes less than 5 minutes to fill each. Less run time equals greater life expectancy and less maintenance.

Hill Pump.. Its my only source of high pressure air and +/- 15 000 shots and almost a year later its still going strong never missed a beat (or should I say pump) Gamo Coyote takes 2 min to fill and Red Wolf 10 min.. can do it faster but gives it time to cool down every 30 pumps. It will save you a lot of money as now you can cancel your subscription to the gym.

" The rifles need three year factory or dealer support authorized Maintenane " they should not. I have had ( and known many others) many pre-charged rigs go 10+ years without needing even a single oring.

If one can afford a personal compressor and air dryer and were in my position, just buy a CE cert tank ( for self fill ) and use it for Life.

Buy quality airguns used.

If it was a goal a person could get a competition capable set up , rifle/scope/tank for $800 .

Our personal likes & wants are what make it so costly.

John

I in my retirement found that my lifetime interest in firearms needed to be curtailed in that in the San Juan Islands I’m not able to alarm my neighbors with my love of shooting. I thus became very interested in PCP airgunning.

I have found my interest in PCP airgunning to result in my purchasing a Daystate Pulsar Hp, a Daystate Wolverine 2 Hi-Lite .30, a FX Royals Boss, and a Sumatra 2500. They are beautiful rifle but I haven’t had much time to be shooting much. I have a tendency to acquire all accessories available which amounts to a lot of money. I have even acquired a Omega Supercharger and the Omega Air Filter apparatus along with a large and medium sized Carbon Fibrer tanks.

But I’m confused and concerned that the expenses involved in this AirGun interest certainly Is one hell of expensive adventure. One has to consider the following.

The rifles need three year factory or dealer support authorized Maintenane. The rifle carbon fiber tanks need to be replaced. The Carbon Fiber support tanks need recertification and eventual replacement. The Omega Supercharger Reviews as to needed repairs and maintenane are not comforting.

Bottm Line; Be Aware that PCP Airgunning can be very rewarding but very expensive.

that's all an extreme understatement. I figure in the past 5 years, I've spent at least $4000 just in airguns and accessories. That's not much by some standards, but good guns are EXPENSIVE! I don't even have a compressor yet, that's next. Yup, abandon all hope of financial solvency once you enter this sport. Now, I do expect my expenses to level out, after I buy the next couple guns, compressor, scopes and the rest.

It is a bummer that PCP’s are so expensive. If you take a crossman silhouette pistol that costs 400 bucks and compare it to a nice PCP pistol that is 4 times the amount there is not enough machining and quality to justify a 4X price increase. Same goes with compressors. That being said I buy the better equipment. The only reason I have a PCP is noise. I can legally shot in my back yard without bothering neighbors. If I try to compare PCP’s to firearms that’s the only advantage I come up with for me. As far as maintenance if you store your PCP in a environment like you would be comfortable in (temperature) the o-rings should last longer than 3 years if they were good when installed. Cold kills o-rings. 

When I got into PCP's I bought a compressor right away. I also bought two guns. My thought was with 2 guns getting over 50 shots each I can shoot all day and not need a tank. Since I'm only using the compressor to fill the guns it cuts down on run time drastically, as it takes less than 5 minutes to fill each. Less run time equals greater life expectancy and less maintenance.

Hopefully this gets to you and it is properly routed. I’m at this time putting in a large shed that will be devoted to my Airguns shooting. I also am really involved in Sitrt pistols and have the fantastic laser program that utilizes green and red laser targeting out to 100 yard from my indoor shooting position. I pull open a large window allowing me to shoot my air rifles and my laser guns. I have the Green Laser setup on my AR 15 rifles and Cowboy Action guns. My latest acquisition is the Ataman AP Russian .22 pellet pistol with all the available option/accessories. I’m totally out of control but What the Hell i’m behaving myself and having fun.

I’m not into hunting. I enjoy prediction target shooting and I can shoot out if you indoor shooting station through a large sliding window at targets up to 150 yards. Shooting firearms in San Juan County is pretty much unacceptable and I’m not interested in bothering my neighbors. After 40 years the frustration in people living here as to required reservations hampering getting off and back home has me considering relocating to Wenatchee, WA where they have numerous firearms and Archery ranges. It would be great to be able to leave the house and go somewhere. Can and driver Ferry ticket during the summer is about $50.00. And we have to pay more than $1.00 more a gallon for gas on the island. It’s beautifull here but I’m ready to return to America.