• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

I'm so tired of airgun dealer changing dates on backorders.

I order the slug power kit on July 22. When I order it, it was on backorder and ship date is to be on Aug 5. Then when it get closer the date would changed to aug 8. Then change again to aug 12. And again to aug 18. And again to aug 26. How is that possible. If you don't know the date when its gonna come in, don't put a date. I had hopes on the 1st and 2nd estimate dates. But after it change over 3 times I just give up. Smh. I dont even have hopes it will ship on the 26. How sad. If anyone know where I can get the slug power kit in stock. Let me know so I can cancel this order from PA.

Lighten up, ain't the dealers fault..! We're most ALL waiting on something.

Welcome to the new world.

Mike

i understand that things are slow due to covid19. But why put an estimate and keep changing it every single time. Thats the annoying part. If a dealer dont know when they have it in stock they should put it as not available or put date like something the customer can expect it to be in stock. It seem like they just put random date 1-2 weeks to get customer to place their order thinking they will get it in a few weeks when in fact they be waiting months and month and probably a year to get it. And when the item still isnt in stock they just keep changing the date making the customers who placed their order wait months when they can spend that money on something else. Cause after i placed my order i saw the date changed more time than i can remember to count. They might as well just list it as available dec 31, 2030 so they dont need to keep changing the date every week. 

I order the slug power kit on July 22. When I order it, it was on backorder and ship date is to be on Aug 5. Then when it get closer the date would changed to aug 8. Then change again to aug 12. And again to aug 18. And again to aug 26. How is that possible. If you don't know the date when its gonna come in, don't put a date. I had hopes on the 1st and 2nd estimate dates. But after it change over 3 times I just give up. Smh. I dont even have hopes it will ship on the 26. How sad. If anyone know where I can get the slug power kit in stock. Let me know so I can cancel this order from PA.

Pa is passing on info to you given to them. It's the new norm. "Hurry up and wait" . Good time to enjoy some of your other nice toys while u wait. Stay well.

I think the dealers are doing the best they can under the circumstances. If they simply listed an item as unavailable, they would be flooded with inquiries about that meaning, and folks would want an estimated date. Listing an arbitrary date far out would also be met with skepticism. Maybe the best answer is to simply list as backordered. At this time, I think we all understand the unknown involved. We bought a new washing machine yesterday, and the dealer could only estimate a mid-September delivery. The manufacturer is running only one shift instead of three, due to the safety restrictions and sanitizing required. The financial impact of that will be fatal to many businesses. 

Mod Edit: removed political statement

I understand and I was like you as well? I would order from a big dealer and get a lot of date changes and I quickly learned that it's truly not there fault. See when parts and stuff get shipped from other countries like most of the airgun stuff it's trying to get on a plain or ship but the vendors are all fighting for that spot. So it gets delayed then you have COVID-19 on top of that factory's are not running at full capacity and hours are cut short. The dealer gets told a date and time and guess what it changes for them as well so it's not all there fault. But pyramid air is a great dealer and am sure the are trying to get it for you as well it's frustrating but welcome to the New World if COVID 19. Problems. Everything is slower not just airgun parts and accessories. 

Pa is passing on info to you given to them. It's the new norm. "Hurry up and wait" . Good time to enjoy some of your other nice toys while u wait. Stay well.

I agree. PA is trying to give you an idea on shipping date based on their expected arrival of the item. When the shipping or manufacturing gets pushed back, what are they to do. 
2Fast, frustrating but so as the long lines and extra security at airports afforded us after 911. Be well and stay safe.

I think the dealers are doing the best they can under the circumstances. If they simply listed an item as unavailable, they would be flooded with inquiries about that meaning, and folks would want an estimated date. Listing an arbitrary date far out would also be met with skepticism. Maybe the best answer is to simply list as backordered. At this time, I think we all understand the unknown involved. We bought a new washing machine yesterday, and the dealer could only estimate a mid-September delivery. The manufacturer is running only one shift instead of three, due to the safety restrictions and sanitizing required. The financial impact of that will be fatal to many businesses.

I think the general rub here is why take orders on something when you don’t know when it’s going to be in stock? They could simply list the item as backordered and not let people place orders until the item is in their hands. Or, if they are worried about getting “flooded” with emails, they could list the estimated delivery date with some verbiage about dates not being guaranteed.... but still don’t allow orders to be placed.

Taking money from people for items you don’t have is a bad practice. It’s almost like robbing Peter to pay Paul. You’ll always be playing from behind if that’s you business model. This is an issue throughout this industry. It’s going to catch up to vendors sooner or later. Once it does plenty of people will be contacting the cc company for a refund.

It is not you,forget all that,we all have to cope,me I have been waiting 3 months for a stock,now "they" say Oct.,butt I know it may not be so.

There is another place I may have to go,butt a lot more money,money is dear,waiting is so time consuming,butt maybe worth it,butt still have to wait.Weight broke the bridge,wait won't break me.

Hello Fellow Airgunners!! PA does not take your money if an item is on Back Order. Only way that happens is if you pay with PayPal or send a check in. You are given an order # (AKA your place in line) They charged me when the item came in and was shipping. I was told they are given an Estimated In-Stock Dates by the Manufacturers for the item to be in and is subject to change. It says it on their website. I don't understand why people get upset these days. Shop around for what you want. Try buying ammo or firearm. Plus people like myself want the HOTEST thing on the market, anything FX. Sorry, Supply and demand. Low supply High demand Have to wait or go hunting for it. 

The career that feed, and paid the bills for forty years was sales and marketing. All of it was commission. So I really believe that there is nothing more then any retailer wants more is to sell you the product, and send you down the *happy road. Then hope you were so pleased with them that you come back, and go on the happy road again. They call it making money.

I think it is fair to say that they are even more frustrated than you are. Their vendors have always given them shipping dates, and it worked, but not so much now. If Covid extends longer then thought, it may just change how things have been done in the past.

When it comes right down to it, they (retailers) are just trying to live indoors, and have a meal too.

They will send you product as fast as they get it in.

Respectively,

Eamon

Man!

The Power Kits are amazing! I know they completely disappeared as soon as they where announced. See, this is the thing with FX, everything they've been releasing lately is just awesome, I don't really think anybody has them now, I Heard that Sweden was off for some weeks. Same page here bro, we all need some patience ✊

We are all on the same boat BUT...

bro, this new parts are awesome and everyone knows it. Yes is not ideal to have to wait, but i rather have to wait knowing that there is so much innovation going out than just sitting with a stale riffle.

i believe that is about first come first serve. When something this good is out it goes like hotcakes. 

cant wait to get my slug powerkit 

I understand the frustration. It's not the dealers fault, but it is SO ANNOYING! 

I have a walnut TX200 on back order with Pyramid. Three of the four varieties are listed as coming into stock on the 31st. When I pre-ordered it was the 24th. The others are all still on the 31st. Every day mine gets pushed back by one day. We are now to September 10th. Tomorrow it will likely be the 11th.

I wish the makers would communicate better with the dealer. I wish the dealer would communicate better with the customer.

And I wish Starbucks Coffee cost the same as McDonalds. Darn these first world problems.