Sheridan I'm PUMPED! Red Dot Sight on my old Silver Streak

Just got a $24 red dot sight off'n Amazon (along with a 11mm to 20mm Pickatinny adapter for a few more bucks) — I already had the Sheridan intermount that clamps on the barrel to create an 11mm Weaver scope rail…

Anyhow, my elderly eyes aren't too good with the iron sights, and I really wanted to try a reflex sight. The cheap Feyachi I got has is nicely machined aircraft aluminum, has unlimited eye relief and 4 reticle patterns in red and green with 5 brightness levels — really easy for me to see compared to the iron sights. Sighting-in was a chore, since the lock screw really messes with the windage setting — took about 10 tries to get it centered pretty good.

Here's what she looks like, and a rested group and an offhand group at 10 meters — both 5 shots.

Any tips on using red dot sights? I’m wondering what happens to the point-of-impact at longer distances, especially since the sight is mounted pretty high (or if that even matters)

IMG_7787.jpeg
IMG_7788.jpeg
IMG_7789.jpeg

Yes that's looking a little tall and somewhat unsteady, not fully mated in the clamps along its length. The higher the sight is above the bore, the larger will be the distance between your first and second elevation zero crossings. The pellet trajectory is an arc but your sight line is straight. The pellet will rise and your elevation will be dead on at your closest distance where you set your zero. Past that, it will rise above your sight line and then come back down and be zeroed again at a farther distance. So you have to learn where to hold, either over or under, at various distances.

Yes that's looking a little tall and somewhat unsteady, not fully mated in the clamps along its length. The higher the sight is above the bore, the larger will be the distance between your first and second elevation zero crossings. The pellet trajectory is an arc but your sight line is straight. The pellet will rise and your elevation will be dead on at your closest distance where you set your zero. Past that, it will rise above your sight line and then come back down and be zeroed again at a farther distance. So you have to learn where to hold, either over or under, at various distances.
Thanks for the information — very helpful!
I’m going to do some experimenting at various distances.
The sight mounting looks worse than it is in the pic — the 20mm rail extends back from its adapter and the sight is mated fully along the rail (hidden under the sight’s mount). A bit of a Frankemount, though, and I’m not bragging about the look (but function doesn’t always follow form).

Just got a $24 red dot sight off'n Amazon (along with a 11mm to 20mm Pickatinny adapter for a few more bucks) — I already had the Sheridan intermount that clamps on the barrel to create an 11mm Weaver scope rail…

Anyhow, my elderly eyes aren't too good with the iron sights, and I really wanted to try a reflex sight. The cheap Feyachi I got has is nicely machined aircraft aluminum, has unlimited eye relief and 4 reticle patterns in red and green with 5 brightness levels — really easy for me to see compared to the iron sights. Sighting-in was a chore, since the lock screw really messes with the windage setting — took about 10 tries to get it centered pretty good.

Here's what she looks like, and a rested group and an offhand group at 10 meters — both 5 shots.

Any tips on using red dot sights? I’m wondering what happens to the point-of-impact at longer distances, especially since the sight is mounted pretty high (or if that even matters)

View attachment 414792
View attachment 414795
View attachment 414796
Please Please where did you get the barrel mount ? i can only find the short fiber ones .

Looks like the old Sheridan intermounts are selling for $50 and up on eBay. I happened to have an old one lying around.

Reactions: .20calguy
Here's a comparison of 3 shot groups at 10 and 15 meters. POI shifted 1/2“ up and 1/4” right at 15 meters.
I'm pleased with that, especially for how high the reflex sight is mounted.
IMG_7792.jpeg

Looks like the old Sheridan intermounts are selling for $50 and up on eBay. I happened to have an old one lying around.

I actually like the intermounts from Amazon, as seen here on my H9A pistol, better than my vintage Sheridan mount.

20230331_200619.jpg

Reactions: katfisch
I know what your saying about aging eyes. Its getting worse as the days go by.
I was shooting my Streaks last weekend when I realised that I couldn't see through the peep sight iris's anymore. I was only able to shoot accurately through the peep sight, with the iris removed. I have three different size irises, one with a pretty large hole and brass ring, but I,m seeing a dark edge that closes the hole.
I wound up using a pistol scope scout style, for a while I had it I had it just forward of my pumping grip.

20230112_153315.jpg

Last edited:
I see you’re shooting some of those .20 Baracudas — I’m finding them quite good in my Streaks (ragged one hole at 10 meters) — you?

Im shooting JSB's as well. This guy was shooting small groups at thirty yards with this scope, but was a real pain to pump. Lol

20230614_214826.jpg

I was preparing for the june candy challenge, but that didn't go as well as I hoped.
Video here,

Reactions: pan60