• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I'm officially a .20cal convert!

I've always been scared of using a .177 to hunt rabbits because of the lack of stopping power (this is probably stupidity on my behalf)

But on the other hand I've had somewhat of a dislike for how fast a .22 drops from a sub 12 ft lbs rifle.

So after a bit of research I tried a .20cal and instantly I brought one.

it's my new (old) theoben rapid mk1 12/200.

12 shot bolt action unregulated .20 pcp.

it has all of the poise and accuracy of a .177 with the stopping power of a .22

I'm in love after just 24 shots.....

I started with a pump up Sheridan .20 cal in 1967 and shot plenty of birds, squirrels and rabbits with it. If memory serves me the velocity was only about 650 to 700 fps.

My second airgun is a Beeman RX-1 made by Theoben also in .20 cal as I liked the results of that caliber for my purposes. This gun is supposed to shoot at 800 fps.
I really should run some shots across my Chrony to get some actual results.

Lately those guns get little attention due to my interest in my FX and Daystate PCP airguns. The Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .177 cal is new in the last month and
I am amazed with the accuracy at 35 to 50 yards. Have made kill shots on pest birds up to about 50 yards.

Enjoy your .20 cal as it will work well for you.

Raygun