Tuning I'm having a problem finding an o-ring/seal kit for my FX Boss .30

It seems as though I'm banging my head against the wall...again. I'm having trouble finding a seal/o-ring kit for my FX Boss .30. With FX being such a popular brand, you would think finding a service kit wouldn't be so difficult to find. I got a little crazy with my Huma reg and blew out a bunch of seals, or at least enough of them to warrant replacing all of the seals. However, all I'm finding are Impact and Maverick kits. Some one in this forum must know of a good/reliable supplier of these kits. The swamp rats are beginning to take over, so I really need to fix this thing soon.

You can go on FX’s support page and download the parts diagram and pick out the o rings and order them from oringsandmore.com as Glem was suggesting, or in F’s site also in the support section they have an area called “service kits” and offer all the easily accessed o rings that are likely to get serviced, in kit form. 

Of course you’ll find them on eBay, but expect to pay anywhere from $25 to $35 for enough o rings to do your entire gun once, vs approx $12- $15 with enough o rings to reseal your entire gun 25x, by picking them off of the parts diagram yourself 

its one of the first things i do when do when I get a new to me pcp, to source all the o rings- 

5EBB09ED-5827-473A-9D5C-062247FCEFBC.1633392764.jpeg
7BD2069F-CE16-4F90-B2EC-48016E5C74A9.1633392764.jpeg
529CCE57-2DAE-4961-A45C-448F05B141B8.1633393057.jpeg

I just went to oringsandmore.com, wow - talk about information overload! If you could help elevate some confusion I have a few questions.

1. what is the best composition?

2. if they don't have the exact size, do I go up or down in ID or CS. if so, how much?

3. for the 5.28X1.78 they offered an "x ring", how well do they work under PCP pressures?

4.which sizes would be considered the "important " ones if they don't offer all of the o-rings I need? 

I checked the support section on FX's for a service kit, they don't list a kit specifically for the Boss 30cal. Will one for a Royale work? If so would it be for the Royale 500?

Fx airguns website then support and pull up a drawing for Boss and make a list.

https://fxairguns.com/support/

Not trying to be a dick but you've been told where and how to find the info. Pull up the schematics and get a pen and piece of paper and make a list. The schematics also show composition and hardness.

And the Xrings work great for under the gauge, not sure where else they would go.

No, you're not being a dick. Now that I'm digging deeper into this, I have a few questions. Yes I've made a list from the diagram, but the support section doesn't seem much help beyond the o-ring sizes, that's where you guys come in. On the subject of composition, is there a better one than the PUR or NBR (whatever that indicates). I apologize in advance if I have frustrated you, but this how people learn.

Looks like all of mine are the Buna 70 compound. Not sure it that is recommended for all air rifle applications, but it seems to have worked well for me. For the price of a single seal kit from FX, you can buy about a 10 lifetime supply from one of the supply houses. Mine came from The O Ring Store, and O Rings and More.

Thanks for the info, I'm not having an easy time finding all the ones I need from oringsandmore.

Fx tends to use mainly NBR(buna) 70 on most their guns, and NBR 90 at certain areas. Just guessing snd not including the PUR(polyurethane) 90, there’s probably 4 of the NBR 90 that’s on an impact.

those PUR ones oringandmore does not carry them, and I called and asked to verify. I found them on McMaster Carr and grabbed like 5. They are pricey when compared to NBR.

some folks may think that buying in lots of 25 to 50 of one size may be too much, but let me tell you, say you decide to open up your gun three months from now for whatever reason, it’s very easy to look at an o ring and say “still looks good to me”. Trust me when I say I’ve done that and regretted it like 75% of the time as no, they weren’t as good as I thought they looked. They swell and take a shape all their own under air pressure, and the ones that fit onto grooves like in the power plenums front end cap, try removing that o ring and put it back on. Lots of slop, like it’s now oversized. It’ll end up being a leaker, so change out as many o rings in an area that you’ve “disturbed”.

With that said, be conscious of how you store them. I posted my new o ring organization method as I got tired of working out of gallon zip lock bags, and o rings intermixing with each other as the zip bags they come in start to tear. 

When ordering for the impact or any gun, try and think about not just the guns o rings, but the ones in the bottle, the tiny ones in the regulator, if you use fill probes get those o rings, if you use a CGA347 firefighters tank fill station type, get that one o ring it requires. My point is, consider all the o rings required to get air from point A to point B. 

I even have a few of the chubby o rings that say I already tightened up my impacts Gage’s and don’t like the orientation, I can set in one of those chubby ones on top of the X- ring so I can orient the gage the way I like and still be leak free. 

now before you even think im some kind of sharp pcp cat, I am not. I take a lot of notes. That trick right there was a suggestion Mr Glem Chally, aka Charles Bronson made to someone, and I immediately took note of his suggestion. Worked out great!

While you’re at it, source some 3mm stainless ball bearings on amazon. FX likes to use those under power wheels in their guns. You lose one of those and it’s just as bad as not having the correct o ring, lol