I’m going to be a WC owner-I think

I am new here, but not to airguns. I bought a Beeman R7 and a Theoben SLR 98 in 1997. Was on the Old Yellow forum for many years. Sold both those rifles there. Have an FX Verminator Extreme MKII (.25), a Bauer Jr compressor, and an 88 cu/ft tank setup from Joe B.

Today I ordered a .25 Warcat, so it’s still a WC. My Verminator has had about 200 pellets through it and the Bauer is still new in the box, because I lived in an area where powder burners were no problem. I moved to a more civilized area 2 months ago, where I can use the airgun more.

If what I’ve read about the WC is true, I may be selling my Verminator soon, and I need 10 posts to do it.

I have owned the FX Wildcat laminate -- beautiful rifle -- .25 cal. for nearly year now. It was my go-to gun before I bought my latest toy, the FX Impact .25 cal with 700mm barrel. 

The Wildcat is light, perfect in length, powerful and deadly accurate -- I mostly shoot squirrels at 40-50 yards (head shots). The pellet making impact with the animal's skull is louder than the gun's report.

"My name is Al and I am an airgun addict."

1532816325_17165902325b5cebc5497c70.32080843_IMG_2498.JPG

Anyone have thoughts on a scope for this gun? I have a Leupold 3-9 x 50, a Burris 4-14 x 42, and a Vortex Viper 6-24 SFP IR. Will any of these work and on what height scope rings with the Picatinny rail.

Any of those scopes will work but how low is the parallax set at? I usually get an optic that can focus down to 6 or 10 yards for those close up shots on pest. Most people these days are using SWFA, Aztec Optics, Athlon Optics, MTC Optics...there's so many options these days. I suggest you check out the optic section on this forum. Lots of great info especially from members like JoeWayneRhea. For the scope rings, a low or medium height should work. I usually get both to try them out. I don't own a Wildcat so maybe other members might chime in on this.

I've got 2 Wildcat's in 22 cal. I put one of these on one of them. I like it a lot, but it is a bit expensive. Gives you a good scope rail, and holds 3 magazines very nicely. I have a Hawke Vantage on one, and an ATN 4K Pro on the other. Both with Donny Fl moderators, both VERY accurate and fun to shoot. Had a bit of a bolt/hammer lock-up problem on one of mine, had to strip it down, and really did not find the problem. Actually bent the reloading rod, trying to get the action open. Cleaned everything, lubed, and re-assembled with new rod. Been fine since.

http://www.jsairrifles.com/FX-Wildcat-Picatinny-Clip-Rail_p_17.html