I'm confused

The site operates like most other online forums. If you have a question, post a new thread and people will respond on that thread. Just be sure to check the "Motify me of follow-up replies" box or else you wont be notified when someone respons. I saw your post over in pistols about the AP16. Asking people to reply via email kinda defeats the purpose of the information being on a forum so all others can see and respond to answers. 

One weird thing here is when you reply to a classified add. You send the “ seller” a pm, you can’t reply to ( through) the thread.

I think it was intended to keep it private

It was intended to keep show respect to the person posting the ad. Low levels would post on the sales threads saying how the price was a rip, they could buy it cheaper elsewhere, or saying a multitude of other disparaging remarks. 

Personally I miss being able to reply as there were so many posts I wanted to compliment the seller on a beautiful gun even though I wasn't in the market to make the purchase. I roll with it because it does keep the Classifieds section much more friendly. 

When I click on a member’s name I see where they are from, when they joined, their rating, follow, find all content, report….but not start conversation.
If I hit the Bookmark icon on their post it reveals windows for a message and a label, and save. Is this for a PM or for notes to myself about the bookmark?
Ten posts are required to access the PM system.

Thanks! I thought the 10-post threshold was just for posting a classified ad.
Now how’s a guy supposed to come up with 10 useful posts if he can’t buy a few guns to experiment with🤔

Any chance you could let Paperp know I want to buy his Artemis P700?

FWIW, I was very active on the YellowForum a dozen years ago as rickpetersonms. I used to post about PCP
prototypes I was building or modeling in Solidworks and I have over 200 all-positive BOI references.
I moved from CA to ID in 2009 and got sidetracked with powder-burners for a decade, so I sold all of my
airguns.
Now LCS and AEA are successfully building the guns I dreamed about but couldn’t make happen.
I’ve got the bug back!
I picked up an LCS SK-19 .25, and AEA SS+ .30, a Drulov DU-10 .177 semi-auto target pistol last week and have
a Giffard 8mm shotgun on the way from Davis Schlesinger.
My first project will likely be converting the Giffard to HPA.
I expect I’ll be posting plenty in the months to come.

I think there are some post number you must be at before you can post in classifieds, but it would be silly if the PM was also locked like that as PM would be a good idea for a newbie if he want to engage a knowledgeable person in private,,,,, many prefer private.
The main reason for the minimum post count prior to being able to send PM’s is due to the scammers sending messages to people posting wanted to buy ads in the classifieds. Something like...Contact Joe in Texas at [email protected]. He has one for sale.