Beeman I’m amazed with my P1

Santa Rosa P1. Is there a reference site for #?
View attachment 425501I love it. 20 yards & I can sub dime 7.9 CPHP easy 5. You loose your POA as hole enlarges but sub dime all day unless you torque or slip on follow through grip.
I don’t know if the Silver Star I had was in need of breaking in or a tune but this is way different.

I’m telling you something. I sold the Silver Star & a lefty Steyer 10e cheap but keep this. Also just got a Marksman P3. Looking for HW P3 and .22 barrels as I love them.

poop you couldn’t use the grip of the Styer as a hammer if you ever absolutely had to lol. The Styer is hole on top of the first hole granted but for a springer the P1 is amazing and fun. I didn’t really enjoy the click click electronic trigger but yes great for competitive shooter.

I could post a picture or video of the groups and I always will if called out but I like to think brothers who know me from 15+ years back know I’m not trying to BS anyone.
Do you have any pistol you like?
C76C8063-00DF-47FB-AF69-6011F345E112.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes,one like yours,Santa Rosa model I actually got in Santa Rosa CA. I like it ,but it is not my favorite,that would be a Crosman 1701,or would it be the 1720? i also plenty of custom Prods I like,...Tell the truth I like pistols more than rifles.
I think the early P1 have 2 different power levels,you can cock it part way for lower power or all the way for higher power.
I do like that pistol because the grip can use .45 grips and it feels good.You shoot way better than me.

I think the early P1 have 2 different power levels,you can cock it part way for lower power or all the way for higher power.
I do like that pistol because the grip can use .45 grips and it feels good.You shoot way better than me.
I thought that as well, so I was surprised to find my P1 has the two power settings. It's a new 2023 production gun I bought from PA last summer. I use the low setting when practicing indoors. Not quite as loud, and doesn't tear up my backstop as quickly.

Santa Rosa P1. Is there a reference site for #?
View attachment 425501I love it. 20 yards & I can sub dime 7.9 CPHP easy 5. You loose your POA as hole enlarges but sub dime all day unless you torque or slip on follow through grip.
I don’t know if the Silver Star I had was in need of breaking in or a tune but this is way different.

I’m telling you something. I sold the Silver Star & a lefty Steyer 10e cheap but keep this. Also just got a Marksman P3. Looking for HW P3 and .22 barrels as I love them.

poop you couldn’t use the grip of the Styer as a hammer if you ever absolutely had to lol. The Styer is hole on top of the first hole granted but for a springer the P1 is amazing and fun. I didn’t really enjoy the click click electronic trigger but yes great for competitive shooter.

I could post a picture or video of the groups and I always will if called out but I like to think brothers who know me from 15+ years back know I’m not trying to BS anyone.
Do you have any pistol you like?
I have the HW45 in .22 cal. It's my 7 yard can plinker and that's about it, still fun to shoot. My HW40 is extremely accurate, but no where near as powerful as the P1/HW45. BTW I have an extra .22 cal. barrel for the P3/HW40 but I can't sell anything on here because I don't have enough post, sorry,

Reactions: cjtamu
Here's my .20 P1. I upgraded the grips. Handles a hundred times better now. Grips can be customized to order.

View attachment 425580

View attachment 425581

View attachment 425582

View attachment 425583
Beautiful grips
Here's my .20 P1. I upgraded the grips. Handles a hundred times better now. Grips can be customized to order.

View attachment 425580

View attachment 425581

View attachment 425582

View attachment 425583
Those grips are beautiful where did you find them

Yes,one like yours,Santa Rosa model I actually got in Santa Rosa CA. I like it ,but it is not my favorite,that would be a Crosman 1701,or would it be the 1720? i also plenty of custom Prods I like,...Tell the truth I like pistols more than rifles.
It’s the earlier HW45/P1 that don’t have adjustable power levels. I love my HW45 in .22, one of my favorite things to shoot.

Reactions: JamesD.
Reactions: Northwoods22
Beautiful grips

Those grips are beautiful where did you find them
Actually saw them posted on a site. Company is Altamont. You will be amazed at the variety of choices. The Custom page is on the page before you pay but after you select the style. You can choose from a variety of screws or add one like my silver Colt.
I was trying to make it similar to Beemans look....but better.
I will be buying another set as I have many P1, Hw75 and P2 pistols and really like this grip.

Reactions: Trunion
I have owned several P1/HW45’s. Both grip styles. Just never could master the pistol. Quality is really good. I have never tried one in 22 caliber. Maybe someday. I prefer the HW75. A real delight to shoot. Incredibly accurate. I like the standard 45 grip over the target one that comes on the 75. So I made an extension block for it. Now either grip can be used.
F332EE87-60AF-4624-8057-8D08EA5615A2.jpeg

FWIW. An amazing value in a pistol is the Beeman P17. This pistol is incredibly accurate and makes a good truck gun. I had both the P17 and the P3. One is under $50 and the other nearly $300. Not enough difference to talk about. Best bargain in a target pistol.View attachment 425714
I bought a Marksman branded model 2004 version of the gun at Walmart for $19.95 many years ago. Once you get used to the stiff compression stroke, it's one heck of a shooter and a great value. Wish I'd bought two at that price.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
I have owned several P1/HW45’s. Both grip styles. Just never could master the pistol. Quality is really good. I have never tried one in 22 caliber. Maybe someday. I prefer the HW75. A real delight to shoot. Incredibly accurate. I like the standard 45 grip over the target one that comes on the 75. So I made an extension block for it. Now either grip can be used. View attachment 425713
Nice grips on right, I love a P17, and a P3 but no HW75. Very nice work on your grips

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling