I'm a novice and would like to know, what is the most accurate and affordable pcp rifle to 50 yards? Any good recommendations? Within USD 500.

Hi Gavin. This has turned out longer than I expected,sry. Speaking from my very limited experiences with pcps. I can vouch for the Hatsan Flashpup in wood. Under $500. I have 1 in 22 cal. I got mine from Hatsan,It was a return or something so I got it for less than full price. It's only (real) negative mark were the magazines. My 2 just would'nt work. I use the single shot tray (supplied). It shoots JSB 18.13 gr pellets very well along with the H&N Barracuda Match 21gr pellets. It's very powerful. 18gr pellets velocity is 880 feet per second.That ain't bad. It really took a shine to the JSB Hades 15 grain pellet when they came out a few years back. I've had the Flash since 2019? No leaks or mechanical issues at all. I'ts got a 2 stage trigger but I have it acting like a single stage trigger and it is wierdly sweet? It's a really nice handleing air rifle. Easy to carry by the grip or by the scope. Comes up easily. Fits into the shoulder naturally. The grip is natural and checkered. I get maybe 20 shots before I refill it.And I don't notice this Hi-Low 1st shot to last shot curve of un-regulated pcps.At 50 yds it is easy. If I can get setteled it will shoot a nickle size 5 shot group. I easily hit small cans (8.5oz) I string up on my fence & trees (67 yds). They have upgraded them this year with a side-lever but only with the polymer stock version I was told by PyramidAir. I'd like to get another but this time in .177. The Flash has a very good track record and I can vouch for that. Steve of AEAC did a review of this rifle.U should check it out.

Reactions: Gavin777
You may find some good advice in one of the following. You are not the first to ask this question.

This will also fit your needs. Great Rifle at a Great Price

Last edited:
For short range hunting I would look at an Avenger in 22/25 or a Gamo Urban/Coyote in 22. Both have a great track record of accuracy and enough aftermarket support you will be able to get parts for a while. My Urban as a long history of pest control and it works awesome with Hades out to about 50-60 yards. The Avenger will go further and has a bit more power.

I'm a novice and would like to know, what is the most accurate and affordable pcp rifle to 50 yards? Any good recommendations? Within USD 500.I want to kill the rats in the chicken coop and need a night vision scope?
you were doing good @ 500 bucks for a gun , then you slipped a little night vision scope in there almost under your breath ! :)

Last edited:
Firewalker - Curious as to how it compare to your FXs in terms of noise - both action and muzzle (and which FX?)

Seems like a very good suggestion for the OP, BTW…

The JTS Airacuda MAX (.22) has a built-in moderator and I have a DonnyFL Tanto on the barrel as well so my MAX is quieter by far than the Maverick.

The cocking handle on the MAX is also easier than the Maverick.

The Maverick wins with trigger, accuracy and tuning as well as slugs.

Favorite part of the MAX is the stock. IN LOVE! 🥰

I’d recommend looking closely at the used market. My personal opinion would say, any gun used near the $500 price tag will likely be worth the money. You might consider buying a springer. That will help the budget go farther. The PCP is going to require an air source. Which will add $300-$600 of cost pending on the route you choose.
If a springer is a consideration, I like to recommend a TX200 or Diana 54.
I hope this endeavor works out for you. Shooting rats is a lot of fun.
Mont

I love my P35s. I have them in 177, 22, and 25. The 177 and 22 are accurate enough for rats at 50, the 25 probably is not. Their outstanding quality is the weight (just over 5 lbs) and length (well under 30 inches). The 177 is about 19 fpe, the 22 is over 30 fpe and the 25 came stock at about 40 fpe. Any of them should be powerful enough for a rat. With an inexpensive internal printed moderator they are all nice and quiet (about 85 db). For a long gun in your market, I agree an Avenger is a good choice (I have one of those too). I found an internal moderator for it that seems to work but it sound better with a DonnyFL Tanto. That adds significant cost and length, however.

Well any gun you buy its if its a good'en or not so . Then the 2ed part of the equation is may not be the gun but the shooter handling any gun .. a lot of good suggestion here . Ill chunk one in that Pa has a kral puncher marine mega walnut in the referb dept. Has the full steel unshrouded barrel ( i feel a plus). And .22

Well any gun you buy its if its a good'en or not so . Then the 2ed part of the equation is may not be the gun but the shooter handling any gun .. a lot of good suggestion here . Ill chunk one in that Pa has a kral puncher marine mega walnut in the referb dept. Has the full steel unshrouded barrel ( i feel a plus). And .22

Well said
Does help if you can shoot straight to start with lol.
I have 2 kral guns np02 np03 both great in their own way pb is a good gun for the money no doubts whatsoever.

I'm a novice and would like to know, what is the most accurate and affordable pcp rifle to 50 yards? Any good recommendations? Within USD 500.I want to kill the rats in the chicken coop and need a night vision scope?
My first pellet rifle during the past year or so, (pre-PCP) when I got started again, was a break barrel Ruger springer. If I had seen this BSA, I would have bought this gas piston version. Sounds like a screaming good deal.

Last edited:
Lots of good recommendations here. Just be careful putting too much stock in many of the airgun "Reviews" on Youtube these days. In years past most of those channels started out with honest review videos, but of course the mighty $ took over and most are now just shills for the manufacturers. They are no longer reviews, but really advertisements disguised as reviews. It's gotten pretty bad.