I'll show you mine you show me yours. Taipan Veteran photos

View attachment 322406
View attachment 322408

.22 Long I recently acquired. Power Plenum was installed when I bought it. I faced .100" off the muzzle and recrowned the barrel and have it shooting 18gr JSBs at 900fps.

Impressive build quality, probably the most solid PCP I've ever handled. It's accurate as hell, quiet, efficient, and just works without fuss or question.

Hate to admit how much I like it. Other than the rear cocking. nowhere to get a good cheek weld....but that's tradeoffs I guess.
Your two negatives were the only reasons I sold my Taipan tactical - it was an amazing air rifle - and yes I do miss it!

E423CE81-03E6-439C-82A4-6AB7DAC1F69E.jpeg

“Sniper” is pushing 24.8 grain NSA’s to almost 1000fps @ roughly a 140 bar reg setting. I backed off the hammer spring to bring the speed to 950fps and it’s using almost exactly 3 bar/shot. That gives me approximately 40 shots per fill. The .2165 24.8 slugs are all I’ve shot so far and currently we are 2/2 on the starlings. I’ve zeroed at 20 meters and this gives me a point black range of 15-55 meters(+\- 1 cm). After shooting springers the flat trajectory, power, and wind resistance are intoxicating.

I’m just waiting for a relatively nice day to test the different diameter slugs at 100 meters.

Just recently picked this .22 compact up from a great forum member. I forgot just how awesome these little rifles really are. I’ve been through a BUNCH of air rifles , but every Tiapan I’ve ever owned has impressed me. The below group was at 40, shooting the hades around 880. View attachment 324390View attachment 324391View attachment 324392
Beautiful shooting. I saw this listed and had to look the other way to not jump on it. I'm thinking a compact or standard would complement my big and heavy Long "Sniper" really well. How many shots do you get with your current setting?

Reactions: SMH
Beautiful shooting. I saw this listed and had to look the other way to not jump on it. I'm thinking a compact or standard would complement my big and heavy Long "Sniper" really well. How many shots do you get with your current setting?
Funny, I’d like to have something “Sniperish” to go along with my compact. 😂
I get 4.5 mags out of her with the current tune.

Funny, I’d like to have something “Sniperish” to go along with my compact. 😂
I get 4.5 mags out of her with the current tune.
Interesting. You get +/-45 shots @ 27 fpe with the Compact and I'm getting 35-40 shots @ 50 fpe with the Custom Long. I'm thinking the standard just might be what I would like because I really like a higher shot count for those farm barn scenarios.

A Short in .22 will give you 90-100 shots above reg pressure, when set for about 20fpe. Plenty energy for farm barns scenarios. I dropped a pigeon at lasered 54 yards with my Short at 20fpe last week. Euro doves are pretty easy quarry, but pigeons are a bit tougher. There's only one small flock of about 20 pigeons that frequent the small family feedlot I have access to. Get one and they won't return to the farm that day.

Interesting. You get +/-45 shots @ 27 fpe with the Compact and I'm getting 35-40 shots @ 50 fpe with the Custom Long. I'm thinking the standard just might be what I would like because I really like a higher shot count for those farm barn scenarios.
I think one of each should be mandatory! I chose the compact this go around for my falconry bird abatement work (occasionally I’ll use the air rifles in the right situation). I needed packable, discreet and accurate. It will also double as another squirrel rig, in which case the +\-45 will more than suffice.

I can definitely see a need for the standard for insane pigeon shooting!

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Just recently picked this .22 compact up from a great forum member. I forgot just how awesome these little rifles really are. I’ve been through a BUNCH of air rifles , but every Tiapan I’ve ever owned has impressed me. The below group was at 40, shooting the hades around 880. View attachment 324390View attachment 324391View attachment 324392
Super pretty, looks brand new! I need to look into a digital gauge. Bipod and rail are perfect. NICE SCORE!!!

A Short in .22 will give you 90-100 shots above reg pressure, when set for about 20fpe. Plenty energy for farm barns scenarios. I dropped a pigeon at lasered 54 yards with my Short at 20fpe last week. Euro doves are pretty easy quarry, but pigeons are a bit tougher. There's only one small flock of about 20 pigeons that frequent the small family feedlot I have access to. Get one and they won't return to the farm that day.
Frank,
What pellet are using in your shorty to hunt barn birds with?

Frank,
What pellet are using in your shorty to hunt barn birds with?
For the first 3-4 years after I bought my .22 Shorty I ran it 100% OEM. Simple turned down the hammer tension and shot the JSB Exact RS 13.43gr pellets @ 815fps. As cited earlier, good for 90-100 shots before impact point starts to change. My stack of empties from that time frame is around 15 tins, so about 7500 pellets. Lots of pest critters taken out during those couple years: Euros, English sparrows, pdogs, ground squirrels, and occasional pigeons. For the feedlot, it was mostly Euro doves. That muzzle energy of 20fpe still has enough oomph to drop a Euro out to 60-70yards, WITH front or back shots. If they're turned to the side it'll break wings and not kill birds. But if their breast or back is facing you, dead bird. Great pellet for those types of shots because they have a deep hollow skirt. Just not much mass nor solid core there to be concerned with about carried energy. Should be similar for shooting inside barns and wanting to minimize damage from pass-throughs. And my Vet Shorty barrel really likes those .22/13.43s.

A quick shoutout to my Taipan Veteran Long "Sniper" who has proven to be rock solid dependable and consistent from day to day. After trialing different slug diameters, she's pushing .2165" 24.8 grain NSA pills to 965 fps and giving me 40 shots per fill. She's zeroed at 20 meters which gives me a PBR of 15-60 meters. 1/2" groups are common at 50 meters.

For the last couple weeks I've barely had time to play with her but we do have some roaming starlings in the area that from time to time like to stop at the slop pile out back. There are two trees near there that they like to land on; one is 40 meters the other about 60 meters. Over the last several mornings I'll peek out the door to see starlings and I'm currently 10/10 off those two trees. This morning I had some starlings hang up at 85 meters. Strelok Pro gave me 2 MRAD UP as the dope and POP! DRT...it's just too easy with this thing.