• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Iguana vital areas Target

B9780702028731000073_gr1.1613528707.jpg

28648-44f571a11b8386bae3107ad2df5fdf61.1613528773.jpg

Reactions: qball
Subscribed. Great info.

Hope I get the chance some day. Before I got into airgunning I lived in a house where we had them all over our yard, even living under our house....! 

Please, add some recipies to this thread, I feel compelled to eat what I hunt (in case of an iguana, that is, the feral pigeons I have someone else eat.... 😄 ).

Matthias

Iguanas are an invasive species in Puerto Rico. They have proliferated to the point of becoming a serious nuissance to farming. A few years ago the Natural Resources Department ranged had to cull them at the International airport because they were presenting safety hazards to departing jet planes. I have shot myself many many hundreds of them and have watched a few thousands being shot. It is much like shooting big game ; shot placement is essential. .30 cal body shots have not killed these shock resistant reptiles but brain shots with 22's and even 177's have caused instant death. Picture shown is accurate. Shooting just behind the eye guarantees instant immobilization.

Good shooting !