• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Iguana hunting south Florida

Many of the Wildlife Management Areas in South Florida are open all year to Iquana hunting with an airgun. Even if the posted regulations say that they are currently closed! I'll try to post a link for you that shows the law, but it's a fairly recent change that was put in place to control the population.

Here's a link. I'd suggest printing it out and carrying a copy with you hunt one of these areas. I was in several this Winter and ran into multiple FWC and law enforcement officers. Not all of them were aware of law and having a copy of it may save you some grief.

To be honest, I'd highly recommend doing some door knocking at some farms, or large tracks of land along the canals. Many people would love to get rid of the darn things, and there are a TON more on private property than there are on public. 

https://myfwc.com/media/23764/eo20-17.pdf

Reactions: SHOMER and Micro
Here's a link. I'd suggest printing it out and carrying a copy with you hunt one of these areas. I was in several this Winter and ran into multiple FWC and law enforcement officers. Not all of them were aware of law and having a copy of it may save you some grief.

To be honest, I'd highly recommend doing some door knocking at some farms, or large tracks of land along the canals. Many people would love to get rid of the darn things, and there are a TON more on private property than there are on public. 

https://myfwc.com/media/23764/eo20-17.pdf

Thanks for posting that link - educating officials is something that is occasionally necessary and helpful to avoid misunderstanding; having a copy is cheap insurance. FWC has decided to include some 16 invasive species on their list of "pets" prohibited from sale or possession, though unfortunately, too late - my county spent upwards of $25,000 dollars to remove iguanas from one island community last year - IMO money that could have been better spent on feeding the poor and helping the homeless are a few examples. Oh, you received a well deserved +1 for your effort! 😀

305A424E-4C34-48FD-B57D-9EC590799656.1620012003.png

- my county spent upwards of $25,000 dollars to remove iguanas from one island community last year - IMO money that could have been better spent on feeding the poor and helping the homeless are a few examples.
Your county could put the poor and homeless to work hunting iguanas and other invasive species. In this way they could feed themselves and start small pest control businesses. Maybe even put a small bounty on iguanas.

Give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day but he'll be back the next day with his hand out. Teach a man an easy way to kill iguanas and other invasive species in S Florida and he'll feed himself for a lifetime and have his dignity along with it. Every able body should do their part.

Reactions: Micro and markT