Iguana hunt from home with RTI Priest2, pt3 (Video)

Nothing better than a good cup of tea while watching an Orion Iguana video. Nice follow up shot on that one. There is no good tick but it’s the tiny ones that are bad news. The ones on the iguanas look like lone star ticks. 

My dear friend, your words are the fuel that keep me doing the next video! Thanks for the support! Yes, the shot was low on that big one, I hit it on the jaw, on the footage look easier to aim, but just a tiny drop on your shot and you will miss the kill zone. I was fortunate the second was pinned it and that was it, I hate to injure them. I got one guy commenting on the comments saying that here in Florida Lyme disease is not common, and also what you just said, those are not the ticks, but uff when I saw that I was upset! I don't want to become the Tick Hunter :)

@orion, thank you for your videos and thank you for staying safe and setting a good example of being responsible during these times.

Thank you for buddy! Yes, I live with my parents in law and I think it will really bad if they got the virus, a lot of health issues, so I'm staying safe, sometimes I think think if the people at the HOA will remember me :) I hope they do!

Orion thanks for the entertaining video, and showing us the compost pile! Just one thing if those ticks are on the iguanas when you throw them in the compost, they won’t die. They’ll be in your back yard looking for something to feed on. If they are Lone Star ticks as suggested above they can carry nasty stuff too. Just, be careful. Unfortunately, I’m quite familiar with tick borne diseases. http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/tick-and-insect-borne-diseases/index.html 

Orion thanks for the entertaining video, and showing us the compost pile! Just one thing if those ticks are on the iguanas when you throw them in the compost, they won’t die. They’ll be in your back yard looking for something to feed on. If they are Lone Star ticks as suggested above they can carry nasty stuff too. Just, be careful. Unfortunately, I’m quite familiar with tick borne diseases. http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/tick-and-insect-borne-diseases/index.html

Really? I though it will burn! The pile is quite hot! I can see smoke some times! Well that really sucks :(

Orion, I don’t know if they could get out of the compost pile before the heat would kill them. I mean if you had them on your clothes and threw them in the dryer that would kill them. But they can’t climb out of the dryer the way they I think they could a compost pile.

I'm a Master Gardener. Few people maintain their compost piles at the consistent level of heat, moisture, materials rotation, and aeration required to kill harmful bacteria, fungi, bug eggs viruses, etc. This takes two to three days under optimal conditions. 165 to 170 for most if I recall correctly, but it's been years, so gimme a break if I misstate. The theory is the same regardless. A tick could crawl away from heat in a matter of days no problem. No comparison to a dryer's instant heat.

My friend, I can emphatically say that this is one of your best videos to date, second only to that one featuring the “Deadpool” Taipan
1f606.svg
That one was Epic!! 

Ammo trajectory on slow motion & can literally see it as it’s about to impact. Can’t wait till this BS virus goes away & we can hunt together again.

Thanks buddy, and I agree! That video we did together with Sebastian was epic, we got on camera one of the biggest iguana I’ve killed so far! Really need to do something else after this craziness we are living