• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Iguana Downrange!!! (Taco Thursday!)

I’m just seeing this after returning home to Louisiana from a Miami iguana hunt. Tacos were the first thing I made with the meat after cooking it down in the instant pot. Last night I made stew with iguana,potatoes,carrots mushrooms, it’s a Louisiana thing.

BF33895D-AEB0-4DF4-849C-5EC06ADB767F.jpeg

I got salmonella once from. Undercooked chicken from a catered shindig. Doesn't have to be wild to get salmonella. Cooking anything properly will alleviate any worries about it. Salmonella is no joke, but totally preventable. At least if you catch and cook yourself, you know what you’re eating!

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
chicken= salmonella. should we really go through the list of diseases we get from eating "approved" meat? Im a big advocate for eating what you kill so i see nothing wrong with it. that being said, i do love a steroid filled steak as well as pulled bear meat filled with trichinosis.
There is a reason there is no Chicken Sushi, just say'n.

I’m just seeing this after returning home to Louisiana from a Miami iguana hunt. Tacos were the first thing I made with the meat after cooking it down in the instant pot. Last night I made stew with iguana,potatoes,carrots mushrooms, it’s a Louisiana thing.

View attachment 373807
You could serve it to me, give me a few beers, THEN after a while tell me what it was. Might be good with that. But it does look tasty. It's a 1st world issue with everything coming from a store.

The instant pot pressure cooker should kill eveything as it’s above 212 deg. What I was surprised about was the taste. No wild game, fish, alligator taste what so ever. Just like unseasoned chicken breast.
Yep. About the least gamey game I've ever eaten.

If folks catch on, they'll be luxury items - better enjoy them now before they're lobster $$.