• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Iguana chick

I loved the time the lady in question shot a LARGE one out of a tree , and it almost landed on a Merc. heart in mouth time.

Orion, has this subject covered,for me. looks aside
1f601.svg

Jessica thought it was going to hit that Mercedes and ran over to try tocatch it. Luckily it missed.

I like she gives the camera a wry smile when she nails one of those bastards and utters her catch phrase, "Gotchu Iguana!"

Anyone else watch that Iguana chick in Florida shooting the Iguanas with the 22 Brocock PCP ,,,, She is a darn good shot but walking around with a gun that looks like that she has some balls,, I do not no anything about Florida but In Texas someone would take you out pretty fast...

Reminds me of the true story about the guy that worked for Walmart shooting sparrows with a PCP and someone saw him inn his motel room with the gun,, Cops stormed room and shot him...

Mike

The locally famous story in my SF Bay Area community is that "someone" was seen carrying a BB gun without a case, and the cops went nuts looking for the guy. Never found him, but that incident resulted in news laws designed to protect the public from ANY projectile weapons. So now, even "blow guns" are prohibited in my community. Go figure.

I am no safety policeman, but I will say that if we don’t have people calling out dangerous activities (not saying what she is doing is unsafe, but it sure doesn’t look like something I would do) then eventually we will have regulations on air guns too... just like in canada and Europe. My neighbors are still a little cautious about me shooting in the backyard as they have dogs etc in their backyards, but I called the sheriffs office and had them come out and check how and where I was shooting... all good and ok’ed by the five oh.

I went through this in my hobby of flying drones too... now its regulated and people hate them cause of a few fools that flew them where and when they weren’t supposed to.... and filmed it. Don’t want this to happen to air guns.

Maybe you should start a safety thread?

Anyone else watch that Iguana chick in Florida shooting the Iguanas with the 22 Brocock PCP ,,,, She is a darn good shot but walking around with a gun that looks like that she has some balls,, I do not no anything about Florida but In Texas someone would take you out pretty fast...

Reminds me of the true story about the guy that worked for Walmart shooting sparrows with a PCP and someone saw him inn his motel room with the gun,, Cops stormed room and shot him...

Mike

The locally famous story in my SF Bay Area community is that "someone" was seen carrying a BB gun without a case, and the cops went nuts looking for the guy. Never found him, but that incident resulted in news laws designed to protect the public from ANY projectile weapons. So now, even "blow guns" are prohibited in my community. Go figure.

It's southern California, par for the course. 90% idiots.

Mike

It's southern California, par for the course. 90% idiots.

☝️

saw one vid in and around condos , she was shooting her brocock at about 18-25 FPE depending on distance. 18 was barely higher than my hammerli 850 co2 gun.

@rangur1 What’d you type in the YouTube search box to find this particular video? I saw one with a blonde shooting them with a fishing bow. Not sure if this is the same person. 

saw one vid in and around condos , she was shooting her brocock at about 18-25 FPE depending on distance. 18 was barely higher than my hammerli 850 co2 gun.

@rangur1 What’d you type in the YouTube search box to find this particular video? I saw one with a blonde shooting them with a fishing bow. Not sure if this is the same person.

That blonde has a super body, sir 😁 

Vaginas are dangerous, what's next?

Ha...and do you want them to be regulated so you have to get a license to use them at home? LOL

My point isn’t that we are all should be snowflakes, but that we will lose our ability to play with these things in our backyards and in the woods if the snowflakes do actually start complaining. Takes one Karen whose husband knows the senator or whatever... thats all I am saying. 

Vaginas are dangerous, what's next?

Ha...and do you want them to be regulated so you have to get a license to use them at home? LOL

My point isn’t that we are all should be snowflakes, but that we will lose our ability to play with these things in our backyards and in the woods if the snowflakes do actually start complaining. Takes one Karen whose husband knows the senator or whatever... thats all I am saying.

Ok fine, agreed. I believe SHE is indeed being cautious, others are not so mindful.

I have been watching Jessica's video's too over the last couple of months and in a recent one she gave her background and related area of study at LSU. She is very educated on the plants and wildlife of Florida and acts very professionally doing her job. I too have had some concerns about some shots she takes but more when she was cocking the Brocock bolt with the muzzle pointed down but then swinging it up across the front of houses to take the shot. I hope she can find an easier cocking rifle for her needs and then cocks it while pointing upwards when taking shots in trees or on roofs. I will say in regards to taking upward angle shots if the pellet can travel its full arc before hitting the ground it will have very little energy left. Using a figure of my low power 13 fpe tuned rifle and using the Chairgun and Strelok app. shooting at the optimum angle of between 20 and 45 degrees my 15.89 grain Hades pellet will have around .5 fpe when it hits the ground. Of course the idea is to never take an risky shot. Bill

The angle can be as flat as 10 to 12 degrees (if it is a pellet -- a slug will have much higher impact velocities than a pellet due to the high BC).

To penetrate skin research found it took 2.2FPE (246fps) at impact for a .22cal pellet to penetrate human skin (16.5gr).

And 2.2FPE (331fps) for a .177cal pellet to penetrate.

Source: http://ssf1910.dk/document/info/balistik.pdf

To penetrate an eye -- probability of hitting one is about as likely as hitting the jackpot in the lottery --

A BB needed 246fps (0.7FPE) average velocity and energy to penetrate.
Note that a .22 has about 50% more impact area, therefore it will need signifiant more energy than then BB to penetrate.

Source: Wound Ballistics Review, 3(1), 10-12: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_PmkwLd1hmbd3pWYVVJeGlGaFE

Matthias